Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Any torn secrets?

Started by Zoey_xcx [2103612] on in General Discussion.

39 replies · 925 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
40
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Zoey_xcx [2103612]

I'm curious about if there's like any torn secrets or cool stuff about torn? Like for example, I've heard that if you donate to the church until the priest says "Let your faith guide you" then you check the map, you can find a threshold or something. I'll post the test procedure down below and you can try it. Lemme know if it works and post whatever you know. :)




Zoey_xcx [2103612]

Test Procedure:


1. Do a thorough search of the map to see that you've claimed all present items on the map.
2. Go to the church. Try donating 10k. If you get negative results, then donate a bit more. Once you fix an amount that gives you positive results, repeat the amount till you get the result - "Let your faith guide you".
3. Now go and do a thorough search of the City Map again. If you find an item, voila, test successful and post your results here.
If you do not find anything, I'd suggest you to go through the entire map again at least once in case you've missed anything.
Butters [34298]

^ Don't listen to this guy hes just a hater from the looks of things - he's probably one of those flat earth wack jobs or something...

Thank god someone has *finally* arrived who can figure all this stuff out for us!!!  :)
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

City spawns are generated at a single time at new day, the church won't influence finds as nothing generates a city item spawn instantly like that. If you found an item it was already there.
Bug [1455582] Committee Committee

Although according the Ched they may be used to reimburse fraudulent illicit fund removals for some innocent players sometime in the future. ^^
Charbon [14922]

here's a little known secret: if you type hobo and wars in one word or rune and scape in one word in the chat, they will be changed to torn city. This is very old censorship back when torn was competing with other browser games but they still remain to this day!
Actuariolam [1967959]

They did change that! Like 2 years ago I freaked out the first time I tried to write it and it got changed because I was a paranoid n00blet ‘-_-

I contacted staff because I was afraid I’d get a chat violation for using banned language. I think they’re still laughing at me. But you can say hooligan now without fear!

...I still hate myself though