Scamming piece of crap
Helping Others
Started by Sarah01 [1074856] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 89 / 89 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Scamming piece of crap
1) Who has helped you start out and how? (When you were new to the game)
When I first started out as a new player (The _Prophecy), I found that I was required to help myself a lot. I worked hard in NPC chatting to lots of other newbies and forming friendships with other new players (pretty much all of which are still active now). I found at this time that it was pretty difficult to be a new player in this game and make any rapid progress, especially when you don't know anyone else who plays. I did all the stuff I could do as a new player, mainly George's missions and then checked the forums. I noticed a graphics thread and thought - hey I'll give this a go and see if I can make some money to help me grow quicker.
2) Who has since helped you out? How have they?
Whilst doing these graphics, I was offered cash (a pretty substantial amount at the time) to create a couple of faction banners. These were for The 420 Syndicate. I did them and got paid and was also given the opportunity to join the faction. The members in the faction were great to me, offering advice and giving me free medication and access to the armoury. I continued to make more and more graphics and managed to earn enough money to set myself up in a rented PI and start power training using E DVDs and xanax stacking. Whilst slowly growing, I was offered the opportunity to join JFA 2.0, a faction renowned for players wanting to grow rapidly in the game. The faction specials and opportunities that this presented was too good to turn down, and I jumped ship (after leaving a severance package with 420 for all their help). These guys have continued to push me and help me grow. The reputation for the faction precedes it, but honestly there is no other place I would rather be right now!
3) Who do you now help out and how?
I continue to help all new players who seek me out. I have maintained the friendships from those who I met in the NPC chat, as well as those who I have came across in the game. I'm often trusted by both high level and lower level people with their money to ghost trade, with billions daily being held in trades. Just this week I have given away DPs to new players who couldn't afford to donate, Armalite Rifles, over $150m in cash, E DVDs and xanax to help new players complete their first happy stat jump and lots of other things (all of which can be evidenced before some smart arse calls me out). I like to see new players grow with me, and it's only with the support of everyone else around me that I continue to grow. Don't get me wrong, it's not been a smooth ride all the way (the number of bounties I've received so far for trivial things will outline that). But I can say I'm always there and will continue to be there for any new player that comes calling.
Also, a special mention to my battle brother Juiceman. We are on different paths, but we always have each others back no matter what happens. I look forward to being a force on this game in the future with you brother!
1) Who has helped you start out and how? (When you were new to the game)
PMV, sinisista, deft were amazing help starting me out, udontwanna was also a major assistance as well. PMV with housing, sis with education, deft financial education and udont bringing me here in the first place and mentoring me daily
2) Who has since helped you out? How have they?
CindyFury, Penicillin, Vicarious, Passie - Cindy for advice and always able to have a good laugh, Pen, heading me down the right path leading this merry band of players in JFA and Passie conveying staff knowledge to me
3) Who do you now help out and how?
Torn as a whole via staff work, JFA and JFA 2.0 and of course anyone who happens to wander across my trail that needs a hand
1) Who has helped you start out and how? (When you were new to the game)
Well, I really didnt play the game properly until I ran into JFA 2.0, where I learned the importance of xanax and actually training.
2) Who has since helped you out? How have they?
The person that helped me out the most? Thats hard to say, there are many people that have shaped me into the player I am today.
I would have to say my faction leader, four, 100% would not be where I am today without him.
3) Who do you now help out and how?
Really anyone that crosses my path, giving them advice and directing them to the Guides.
you liar liar, crowns on fire.
1) Who has helped you start out and how? (When you were new to the game)
The player that has helped me out most in the game has to be Trotsky, Yes Trotsky and I'll add he is also the only one I 100% trust.
2) Who has since helped you out? How have they?
I would have to say anyone who buys from my bazaar, and the top of that list would be dunmugmeh
3) Who do you now help out and how?
I'll help out new players, by trading with them for fair prices and by constantly giving them the links to the guides and answering their questions over and over again and most of all trying to teach them to be respectful to older players.
Here is a good link for new players https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=15999874&b=0&a=0 and always suggest they start with https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=61&t=16034448&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=18301172
Mentions: Baldr's Basic Advice · Guide list
Elusive helped me when I was a noob, ex-mod and IRC admin. Set me on the right path when I stumbled into her IRC channel by accident along with the likes of DrMark, Locked and others.
Ceb was the first person to offer me serious help in my earlier days. Most things I learned myself from guides and the wiki, but Ceb gave me a helping hand to push me along the path to success.
1- I'm essentially a Tutes&Guides baby so the people who helped me most in the beginning did so by posting superb guide content: Demonskye, Hank, Nash, KPCSlor, Tempest, Beerstein, Spades.
1.1 - Certainly grateful for _TB who helped me convince myself I could afford to rent his PI while flying my ass off to pay the light bill and to HP for racing me to 100 merits (kicked my ass and kept going)
I'm all for helping new players, but they better show me they can login more than once every few days. Typically I like to give out Large Suitcases upon reaching L15, if someone demonstrates they are enjoying themselves here.
Honestly...my first few days I spent listening to rumors etc. and couldn't stand how much new players were being discouraged from even speaking.
So I picked my routes with factions (this was a must to me as I wanted to prove even noobs could do some cool stuff. Before deleting it we were near the top 100. Started a company or two but was never really highly successful and ended that path.
But I have to say that I found Eagle to be one of the most helpful to me. After our faction tiff, he ended up being a cool guy and helped us out alot.
Since then, the people that have helped me the most (to many to name) were the ones spreading positivity in the game. I'm a positive person for the most part. So hearing from others that they had the same ideas in the game about making the community more of a friendly place was very inspiring to me. Especially after one particular fiasco (that Chump likes to keep bringing up >.
And I try to help everyone I can. I just don't give away free money (except in my games, etc... #The S**TInTorn! & #CashGrab).
1. Nobody. Used my own initiative.
2. Faction perks. An old player, long since departed TC let me hold a couple of stock blocks.
3. I give free stuff away in Global when I'm drunk and the chat seems normal.
Could I have used some help in my informative years? Yes. I made lots of mistakes.
Screw money. Intelligent gameplay is paramount. Do it right and the money comes flowing in.
Balancing income with a training/chaining regime is a bit more difficult unless you have built your solid base.
Helping noobs is for noobs if you don't keep it in proportion. But its nice to help noobs. Some of them are actually genuine :)
Topsy and Stretch when I was brand new and didn't have the slightest idea what I should be doing, and for a good while after. PMV helped quite a bit. All of them gave advice and answered questions.
Hank's guide to L15 and his guides to premium training and such helped a lot, as did Nash's Guide to Nerve Bar (now Alexstrasza.)
Baldr - one of the Q&A stars!
Bring those guides into your post - any new players who happen to see this may benefit! :) X
ooops - managed to double post
Can't find Hank's .. but here's Nash's
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=61&t=16030860&b=0&a=0
Mentions: Nash's Guide to Nerve Bar (Revived)
Someone helped me very early, gifted me a macana and gave me great advice to get started. This person unfortunately remains a mystery to me.
Look how much effort I put into helping people
[image: i.gyazo.com]
P.s. does this make my E-peen bigger?
I will reach 10 years of playing Torn in a few weeks. I have achieved everything on my own. I've had a lot of people use me for their own benefits. I used to help n00bs with advice, money, and rental of a PI for $1 for 100 days. The most recent, 'misileman' was fedded and my PI is on his profile for another 20 odd days,staff had advised that a rental agreement cannot be broken :( Also, all the loans I gave him are lessons learned. I will now continue to play the game on my own, I only have one person I will continue to help, with advice only. I have changed the way I play the game.
1) Who has helped you start out and how? (When you were new to the game)
bkoz [1842699] helped me out the most when I first started. They gave me good advice on training and leveling up, and a list of targets to get to level 15.
2) Who has since helped you out? How have they?
Kitty420 [383500], my... Eccentric Torn wife, has also given me much helpful advice "even if I don't always follow it." She has also given me lots of cash. Finally Sub [2046131] has also helped me out a lot with advice and links to very helpful Forums.
3) Who do you now help out and how?
Mostly Noobs, no one in particular right now. Basically anyone who's nice and polite enough! (Respect is supposed to be freely given. Trust and Disrespect, are EARNED.)
EDIT: Bkoz also lent me some Kodachi swords (or however you spell it) when I first started, then gave me cash when I returned them. :)
EDIT: Hcom3 disliked your post. (SUCH a toxic player.)
Baldr's guides were my only help during my first two months in Torn. Faction life changed that, but I still pass them on to new players.