403 error
Started by ripp3r [667086] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 29
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 61 / 100
- Historical score
- 44 / 100
- Story score
- 50 / 100
- Engagement score
- 66 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Xiphias [187717]
· 4 likes ·
Why not give a warning first? And what is the limit per minute/hour/day? Getting blocked for few hours just for clicking around too fast is not very user friendly. - Helcostr [1934501] Wiki Editor
· 3 likes ·
I believe you sent Torn too many requests. i had a similar issue, but with 2 hours. I also want an explanation. because this pisses me off. - RatedR [72498]
· 2 likes ·
Anything that causes more requests than generally expected may result in a temporary block like this. https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16047343&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=18547841
I believe you sent Torn too many requests. i had a similar issue, but with 2 hours. I also want an explanation.
because this pisses me off.
from the bulletin board:
- Added loadbalancer rate restrictions blocking offenders with 403 forbidden (optimisation in progress)
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=65&t=16047328&b=0&a=0
you are making to many requests and got blocked.
Mentions: Patch list #46 : 05/06/2018
Why not give a warning first? And what is the limit per minute/hour/day? Getting blocked for few hours just for clicking around too fast is not very user friendly.
damn scripters
403 settings may be too strict...
Just normal usage today got me banned.
Here's what I had running:
- 3 tabs open
- DoctorN (chrome)
- TornVision.com (perhaps inefficient use of API calls?)
Also on the company network. We've got 12 facilities in 6 states, all on the same network. Not sure how many external IP addresses we are behind, but Torn would only see one or a few for all Torn users in this network. The general idea is multiple players on an infrastructure like this.
No issues at home or on mobile (except when mobile was on company wifi).
just happened while opening a google docs spreadsheet with prices api calls. kicked out of my desktop
I think you guys should issue some information on what will cause people to get blocked like this.
I'm very active on Torn throughout the day as I'm on my computer all day for work.
Anyway, I was just in the middle of a happy jump and training in the gym (single clicks as I was advised) when I got a 403 error and it wouldn't let me onto the website. By the time I got back on my happy timer had reset and I had lost the 60k happy I was using in the gym to train.
Is there anything that can be done about this? I have since been told it's something to do with over activity and scritps, but apart from DoctorN and multiple tabs being open, I'm not sure what else caused this!. It has obviously impacted on my stat train / happy jump train. I've obviously lost out on a shit load of stats. Can something be done for me?
There was a screen shot but I'm now on my phone to copy the report to this thread and it didn't transfer across.
I got 2nd of these you call ''blocks'' again. Must have something to do with tornstats & multiple tabs while loading people's profiles.
Will try and replicate, but it is strict if it is.
Anything that causes more requests than generally expected may result in a temporary block like this.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16047343&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=18547841
Mentions: 403 Forbidden
So for instance. While actively chaining how many tabs can we have open while running DoctorN and TornStats before we get blocked?
I'm hoping for a more specific answer so people don't get blocked while chaining or doing other activities.
please let it be clear that i do not know what the dev's put as their minimum threshold for the block.
for now i would (personally) suggest to keep one or two tabs open. and depending on the amount of requests your scripts make i'd be carefull with those.
Thanks for your feedback.
I can confirm it's happened to me by opening profiles while chaining as I would usually open 20+ tabs and fast chain.
It needs clarification or less strict implementation I'd say.
You'd have to be making a hell of a lot of requests from a single IP to trigger a 403 block. I think we need to know exactly what you're trying to do. Opening 20+ profiles at one per second or so shouldn't trigger the block I believe.
And here a lot of people on the forum think you aren't doing enough Dos protection. This seems like a good general step, but I thought Torn already had this?
Hi Ched. Not sure if you seen my post earlier in the thread. I was running DoctorN and had a few other windows open. I was single click training in the gym (this is how I was advised to train - since been told not to) when I got my 403 error. This was during a happy / stat jump when I had 60k happy due to using 5 x E DVDs (100% boost from job) and and ecstasy. By the time it let me back in, my happy had reset to 5025. I didn't even know about the 403 errors until it happened. Can anything be done as I missed out on lots of stats as I couldn't complete the train using the 1000 E (plus refill) yet still had a 25hr booster cool down.
Also, might be worth pushing something out to say not to do single click training as I know a lot of people still do this.
Any update?