Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

World Cup Challenge

Started by Whipit [1965293] on in Gambling.

35 replies · 239 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 36 / 36 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
36
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Whipit [1965293]

Surprised I haven’t seen a thread like this yet but it’s just a bit of fun. To see how far you can go with 1mil whilst betting on each game of the World Cup (some games will be left out as they will be played at the same time) also 1million is the amount I’m using obviously everyone can chose the amount they wish to risk. 

I will be updating daily of the game I’m picking for that day and the team or draw I am going with I will also post the results and the odds for the individual game 

You have placed your bet of $1,000,000 on Russia. Match starts at: 14 Jun 16:00 BST. Winnings will be given some time after the match is over. Good luck!

Off to a cracking start with Russia winning 5-0 

You have won the bet on the WC - RUSSIA v SAUDI ARABIA game! You bet $1,000,000 on Russia and won $1,400,000! Your check will be held in the bank for up to 24 hours.

Today’s Game: You have placed your bet of $1,400,000 on Uruguay. Match starts at: 15 Jun 13:00 BST. Winnings will be given some time after the match is over. Good luck!

You have won the bet on the WC - EGYPT v URUGUAY game! You bet $1,400,000 on Uruguay and won $2,200,000! Your check will be held in the bank for up to 24 hours.

Todays bet is a bit riskier:

You have placed your bet of $2,200,000 on Argentina minus 1. Match starts at: Jun 16th 13:00 PM UTC. Winnings will be given some time after the match is over. Good luck!
Trotsky [243931]

You have placed your bet of $250,000 on Saudi Arabia. Match starts at: 14 Jun 16:00 BST. Winnings will be given some time after the match is over. Good luck!

IRL money on Russia. They've been shaky recently though, I'd like to see Alan Dzagoev live up to his potential.
Whipit [1965293]

Good luck, I’m only going with Russia as I can’t see the host nation losing the first game, obviously people can choose their own games on who they feel will win :) 
Trotsky [243931]

9.5x multipler, 2.375m.

I have little networth other than my duals and armour anymore so it's a big stake for me in the grand scheme of things, should be interesting. I'll be watching on my third monitor at work.
2106105 [2106105]

Thats a nice return. I would wish you the best of luck, but im dropping cash on Russia. xD can't be having Saudi win now can we!
Trotsky [243931]

I looked into their recent match results and was surprised to say the least. Russia seem to be far less consistent and have played fewer games as a team. Saudi players should be better rested too from the domestic leagues. Interesting opener despite the lack of a big name.
Whipit [1965293]

To be fair to Saudi Arabia they was unlucky against Germany they missed a clear cut chance in the last minute to make it 2-2 so it should be an interesting game 
2106105 [2106105]

You have placed your bet of $1,000,000 on Russia. Match starts at: 14 Jun 16:00 BST. Winnings will be given some time after the match is over. Good luck!
Whipit [1965293]

Looks like we have won the first game :) tomorrow I’m torn between the Egypt vs Uruguay or to bet on Spain vs Portugal any ideas 
2106105 [2106105]

Uruguay for the dead cert win. Unless Eqypt get very lucky.

Spain vs Portugal is a tight match. Id go as far as predicting a Portugal win due to the very recent sacking of Spains head coach may affect the team psychologically. But imo it would be too tight to call. 
Whipit [1965293]

I’m also going with Uruguay! As it’s a challenge to see how far we can go with 1mil obviously I can only back one game per day as the bookies don’t pay out quick enough to back multiple games! But if I was to back Iran vs Morocco I’d personally back Morocco 
2106105 [2106105]

You have won the bet on the WC - RUSSIA v SAUDI ARABIA game! You bet $1,000,000 on Russia and won $1,400,000! Your check will be held in the bank for up to 24 hours.



You have placed your bet of $1,400,000 on Uruguay. Match starts at: 15 Jun 13:00 BST. Winnings will be given some time after the match is over. Good luck!
2106105 [2106105]

Im gonna do it as an accumulator. My winnings from the Uruguay match will go on a game tomorrow. Lets see how far 1m gets me.