34 replies · 227 views · thread synced · 10 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:35 / 35 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
35
Discussion span
→
Authority score
40 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
The_Boss[1497907]
· 2 likes · Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. 5 eggs, 12oz milk, 12oz orange juice, vitamins and fish oils! Gotta keep the metabolism running by constantly eating, going 12+ hours without eating is not healthy even if it does …
The_Boss[1497907]
· 1 likes · Everybody’s body is different and people need to figure out what works for them. 5 eggs a day for most people I would never recommend lol but I take in massive amounts of protein a day through various sources. I’m …
Hoy[1208641]Officer
· 1 likes · I'll move this down to Non-related as it isn't directly about Food and Cooking.
Now, this might be a little off-topic from my 2 other shitposts... but I have come with knowledge. Now, this might be relevant to some, and stupid to basically everyone... but...
Over the last month, I have slowly been training myself to eat smaller amounts at breakfast. Since last week, I have been able to NOT EAT BREAKFAST and not become hungry until around 12. This has saved me so much money and time wasted on a meal that I now realize is pretty much useless. I haven't felt any negative effects, nor have I felt groggy, hungry, etc.
I want to ask you citizens of Torn. "Should you give up breakfast if it's pointless?"
It's not pointless. Eat your food and get your nutrition or things are gonna go bad. Trust me on this. And R+ for an entertaining thread, related or otherwise.
5 eggs, 12oz milk, 12oz orange juice, vitamins and fish oils! Gotta keep the metabolism running by constantly eating, going 12+ hours without eating is not healthy even if it does save you a couple bucks a week.
I might be abnormal, but i think 5 eggs is a bit excessive... Im pretty sure vitamins are not needed for a healthy life, unless you have a serious lack of them...
You may be fine not eating it now but it may cause issues for you later when you are not so young where you are adding added stress on your systems when you do not need to.
I would suggest you eat something even if it is a small amount.
Also are you really saving money or do you just think you are. You may be not buying breakfast food but are you buying other food more often. Do you eat more at lunch and dinner than you did before?
What the heck 5 Eggs? And that much milk and OJ. That’s a lot tho, You have to be pretty big or just have insane metabolism. I think I’d be sick if I ate that much just for breakfast everyday.
It's mixing a lot of carbs and fats together, making for an unhealthy meal. Plus, they say eating for 12 hours is not healthy, they should do some research into how the body burns fat. This person doesn't seems to know what they are talking about. It may work for them due to age or some other factor, but that is an unhealthy diet.
Everybody’s body is different and people need to figure out what works for them. 5 eggs a day for most people I would never recommend lol but I take in massive amounts of protein a day through various sources. I’m 5’11 180 pounds so I’m no scrony ****. I also work as a personal trainer part time while I’m in nursing school (and my whole family is in the medical field) so I have my cholesterol and everything checked regularly and Always have good results.
I take my nutrition serious and don’t shove shit down my throat like 80% of Americans
-I take my nutrition serious and don’t shove shit down my throat like 80% of Americans
as in fast food and junk food?
I detest both really. but I still wouldn't call my diet all that healthy. my veggie and fruit intake is pretty low. I eat a lot of meat and pasta. been cutting back on the carbs as of late and drinking more water though. at 44 my ability to mitigate those calories is harder to do despite being very physically active at work.
my worst offender is the coffee I drink. lots of it. more than a pot a day.
might try intermittent fasting more regularly in the near future.
Yes I try to stay away from all fast food (except an occasional Big Mac might slip by) and I don’t waste my money on junk food.
shoulda stated I’m also 21 so my body is working at optimal levels, gets harder to shed those calories the older you get but not impossible, just need a plan and to stay consistent with it, consistentsy is key!