55 replies · 334 views · thread synced · 6 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:56 / 56 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
56
Discussion span
→
Authority score
25 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Phil-I-P[2035498]
· 8 likes · Crisp butties. *Translated to American: Potato chip sandwiches* The possibilities are endless. Some of my favourites include but are not limited to:- Roast chicken and salad cream Ready salted and soft cheese Cheese and onion and Branston pickle
MachineGunSteve[184119]
· 5 likes · I like canned sardines... in oil is my favorite. (Is that weird?) Banana sandwiches are also a favorite... mashed up banana and mayo on soft white bread.
dreamontoya[2141841]
· 5 likes · Well right now I just ate Toast with a layer of avocado with salt and pepper and an over-medium egg on top. I make it for a bunch of guests that come over because many say they've never had it. …
Do you have a snack that your friends think is weird?
Is your snack something common where you are from but your international friends can't get past the fact you are eating this?
What are the origins of your snack? Is it something your mom made you after school? Or a family tradition? How did you come about likiing this go-to snack item?
I am asking because I'm just curious.
One of my personal rules is not to 'insult' someone's food, I think that is rude and is not my place. This is a thread where Torn players might find something new to try or even learn something new and culturally significant. Putting down of others go-to snack or comfort food will get you scattered, diced, covered and chunked. You have been warned, so be kind.
My grandma liked to put crushed potato chips on top of casseroles.
My dad loves sardines, I can't get past the face. The thai restaurant I frequent often, the waitresses tease me b/c i always ask for fish fillets instead of the whole fish b/c the face scares me.
I want to try the smoked oysters in the tin. I love oysters, but not sure about the whole 'canned' part. Like canned vegetables are disgusting.
There are a couple of seafood specialty places here where you can order oysters from all over the world. I still like the locally farmed ones out of the Gulf and I prefer my lobsters to be from the caribbean.
the mango also sounds interesting as do the cherries. They have a candy in the mexican stores that is similar to the mango/chili idea but i am unsure about spicy candy.
i am going to have to go recipe hunting to try these :)
I did like fritos on sandwiches. I prefer corn chips over potato chips usually. The salt on the potato chips kills my tongue.
I do like peanut butter and bananna but usually on crackers with chocoalte chips or syrup but i haven't eaten that in a long long time.
I like tomato and mayo sandwiches and tomato is a fruit... does that count? lol yeah mayo and bananna sounds different, like something my brother would have eaten lol
when i think of fritos, i think of texas and chili pie.
i am curious where you got the idea for the sardine and bleu sandwich. that is not a combination i would have ever even thought of. is there a specific bread you like to eat it on?
I have two, the first I haven’t eaten in years because it is not exactly a healthy snack: take two Kellogg’s s’mores pop tarts and turn them into a sandwich by spreading peanut butter between.
the second is to toast pumpernickel bread, spread whole grain Dijon mustard onto it and then melt a slice of Swiss cheese over it.
Well right now I just ate Toast with a layer of avocado with salt and pepper and an over-medium egg on top. I make it for a bunch of guests that come over because many say they've never had it. My grandma always made this for breakfast whenever I spent the night at her house.
Usually though, I make myself chia seed pudding though because you can make different flavors and its stupidly easy to make. My favorite flavors are matcha, PB&J, and chocolate. :))) So I was strolling the aisles of Sam's with my mom and we came across this 10lb bag of some "Aztec superfood." Both of us were kinda curious so we just bought a bag. It stayed in our pantry for over a year. One day, I had nothing to do, so I ended up going through our fridge, cabinets, pantry... NOTHING TO FREAKIN FRAKIN EAT. There was a whole bag of chia seeds staring at me though. So I ended up looking up a bunch of recipes and videos on YouTube and BAM. Chia seed pudding. A lot of my friends hate when I make them eat it because of the slimy texture. When I make it plain, a few of them call it fish sperm :( Tastes freakin good though.