Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Pool ?

Started by Maggie_simpson [1986595] on in General Non-related.

4 replies · 22 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
31 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
37 / 100
MachineGunSteve [184119]

Go to a pool hall, and play it and see if you like it.

Google how to play pool... or billiards prior to going for best results.

It is fun. I am no good, so that is about all I can help you with.
AmberBlaze [2109922]

I learned to play by playing with someone who was good at it. His nickname in our club was literally pool guy, I’d go and hang out with him just to play pool. Definitely go to a pool hall and practices. You can do this by playing games with yourself, but also ask other players to play with you. Watch their form. Learn from them. Ask questions. Explain that you want to learn and get better. Some will mock you for this, but most will not because everyone has been there at one point or another.

Also, I highly recommend a beer before or during play. I don’t know why but it tends to loosen most players up and give them more confidence, resulting in better game play. Please disregard this bit of advice if you are underage, a recovering addict, or have a general issue with impulse control as you could easily become an addict to alcohol. =D
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor

You absolutely don't need to hit the cue hard all the time. Try to get your 'control' hand as stable as possible. Your power arm should have no movement above the elbow, a smooth pendulum action.

Practice hitting the cue on an empty table off the opposite rail. If it returns straight back, then you are not putting unnecessary side spin and are striking the cue in the center.

You want the cue stick as horizontal as possible, assuming the shot allows, to ensure the cue tip strikes the cue ball flush.

I have used a counting method for alot of things. When you have too many thoughts running around in your head they can get in the way of success. In golf I count 1-2 in the backswing and 3 for downswing. Pool, and putting, gets 1-2.

And yes, a few beers tends to quiet my rambling mind.

Good luck, it's a really fun game.