Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Level Up Questions

Started by Mega93REAPER [2140317] on in Questions & Answers.

11 replies · 337 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
17
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mega93REAPER [2140317]

Noob alert; So my account is 8 days old, and I've been signing on everyday to spend nerve/energy periodically throughout that time. I leveled up to 3 within the first day, and have been stuck there since. I haven't found much info on leveling mechanics, but I assume crimes, gym gains, completing education courses, successfully defending/attacking, and job promotions all tie into level xp. (If I'm wrong please correct me) So why haven't I gained levels with a week's worth of activity, when my first day yielded 3? Is the scaling that bad or am I missing something? Also, is there a way to track level progress? I appreciate any info you have, thanks for reading.
bballdaniel3 [1605235]

The best way to gain xp is to attack people and leave them. It's possible on your first day you did this a few times in the tutorial and that is what made you level up. Then you stopped.

To track your progress until the next level you have to be level 15 and fly to China and use the fortune teller.
Bug [1455582] Committee Committee

You gain level exp from all actions in varying amounts, but the best way to gain exp is to attack and leave another player (the higher the level the better). I would recommend reading Baldr's Guide, it has a list of targets on the second post that are higher levels with lower stats which are great for power levelling.

Additionally, the experience required to progress to each next level increases exponentially. Although it shouldn't take you too long to reach level 15. Once you are level 15, you can fly to China where the fortune teller will tell you how close you are to levelling up (for a fee).

Mentions: Baldr's Basic Advice

dunmugmeh [538353]

As well as attacking crime clicking is good for levelling to a lesser extent and you have been clicking less than 10 crimes a day.

You should spend most of your energy in the gym to train your puny stats but try doing a few missions as well to help with your levelling. You get 1 mission a day.
Apeks [2141899]

This. I followed the guide and rush levelled to 15 in 3 days on the targets mentioned there so I could travel.

Good luck!
Jobby [1640111]

Makes you wonder with the new 'attack and leave' thing going on with chaining how many new  lvl 100's are going to pop up
RasAlGhul [1448500]

I know. There's going to be hundreds of Level 100's xD 

I don't know why they changed it to leaving your opponent. Should have kept it the same (Hosping)
Mega93REAPER [2140317]

Thanks for the replies folks, Baldr actually messaged me and explained quite a bit along with showing me that guide. It explains a lot that the tutorial doesn't tell you. I didn't know about the fortune teller though, is there a similar way to check progression with crime xp? I know nerve increases by 5 every level, but other than that it's quite vague as well.
Bug [1455582] Committee Committee

Not really, you can compare with someone else's crime exp through faction organised crimes but that wont tell you how close you are to increasing NNB.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

The fortune teller can't be used until after you are level 15.  And once you are level 15, it's not nearly so important to level up as it was before.  Once you get to level 15, you don't want to work at leveling up, you want to train your stats as much as you can, and just play the game, and let levels come naturally.  And if you're doing that, then the fortune teller telling you that you are 62% of the way to the next level doesn't really matter.  I can't be sure, but I doubt the fortune teller gets a huge amount of business.

Crime experience is vague by design, and other than your natural nerve bar acting as a rough guideline, it's kind of hard to tell exactly where you are.


Tarelli [1060371]

You can check how close you are in the hof. It's cluttered at low levels but helps see how far you are from levelling at high levels without going to China.