83 replies · 538 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:84 / 84 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
84
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
46 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 7 likes · A white-list system is possible, players set in the control panel receive "JOIN" button for instant faction joining rather than "APPLY". However I've just finished designing an overhaul to the factions & companies application systems which should greatly improve things …
I'm suggesting that factions have the ability for automatic acceptance. One of the most frustrating things that I've noticed when guest chaining or wallsitting somewhere is not being able to get back into your home faction afterward, due to the limited members that have approval permissions being offline.
Thoughts? I apologize if this was suggested elsewhere, I couldn't find any similar threads.
EDIT
Option 1) This would be a generated code that players could enter as an alternative to an application that allows them to be granted immediate acceptance into their faction. It could also be changed or re-generated like the API key or disabled completely by the faction leaders.
Option 2) As Martyr suggested, another possible implementation could be a white-list of manually entered players that are automatically accepted
Either of those options could have pre-set faction permissions for when accepted.
FINAL EDIT: It seems like having a whitelist with preset permissions would be the better option. Thanks to everyone for the ideas and support! Waiting on Ched to respond! :)
Suppose why not if it could be disabled by faction leaders, as I'd not want anyone to come back or in the faction without at least one of the people with application rights supervising it.
Works for me. Members who are guesting or using another factions specials for a short time would benefit. As long as we can regenerate it as much as we want, it can't be used for infiltration.
Not the most necessary addition to the game but but would be a good little extra.
It would somewhat negate the power of surprise attacks as it would make it very easy for disorganized factions to quickly bulk up when under attack. 1 ad in trade chat with the right words and your faction is full in minutes. I like the idea, but i think it would disrupt the game mechanics more than you would first assume.
That would limit its usefulness too, You could have a code generated specifically for a players ID!
So the faction has a send function, and the code sent to any player only allowed access for that player :p solves the same issues, but means the codes could be sent to several people without admitting the wrong ones.
You could also set a limit on how many codes were available in any given time frame, reducing a factions ability to suddenly fill up. I'd say 10 per day as a "ball-park" figure, maybe allowing for another sent as 1 is used.
Edit- You could also have a box in faction, where you put players IDs in which give an auto accept on application (may be a simpler way to do it)
I like Martyr's suggestion. Rather than an API-like code, anyone with application permissions should be able to add any ID (belonging to a player not currently in the faction) to an auto-accept list that lets them apply and get in right away. This wouldn't be as seamless as you initially hoped as it would still require an interaction with a manager to get on that list every time you return, but it completely eliminates any chances of abuse/exploitation.
Joining (re-joining) a faction whilst war is ongoing is of no advantage to the war - as far as I know hits will not count and I am unsure when defending a wall whether someone new deters the assault.
If this is the case then other than saving a little time I see little point in the suggestion. However, I have voted UP - just in case I am off beam as per usual :)