Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chess Enthusiasts

Started by Synonymous [2143130] on in Hobbies & Interests.

36 replies · 291 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 37 / 37 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
37
Discussion span
→
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Mentioned in this thread

Ampheromine [2065865] ×1

Synonymous [2143130]

Oh hello there, it's Syn. :)

First, i would like to know if there are some chess players here in torn? Casual or professional. I would like to make some statistics about it later but as of the moment, I would like the company of playing, celebrating, and discussing about chess topics with you guys. :)

That's all for the mean time. I hope of meeting some with the same interests.

P.S. If you happen had a lichess app, go add me up. My name in game is ThereIsNoGrudge. 

Thank you and have a nice day everyone. :)

 Edit: I mostly play blitz games right now, so if you have some free time, just mail or at lichess.org.
Synonymous [2143130]

Oh, that's great to hear. :)

If I get to engaged more players, I would love to do coverage of Chess knowledge like teaching openings first. I would gladly teach and help.
SporkMonkey [2065017]

There's several in JFA 2.0.

Hit up Ampheromine [2065865]. She loves to play and appreciates new challengers. I play sometimes, but not very often. Not that I'm not good, just more of a time issue.

Mentions: Ampheromine [2065865]

Synonymous [2143130]

Thank you, I will definitely contact her soon. :)



And it doesn't matter if you're good. Any level of Chess is okay. Thank you for reply.
Synonymous [2143130]

I also play in lichess.org :)

My name there is ThereIsNoGrudge. I would be happy to do some blitz games with you. 

I also play bad a lot but learning is never ending so don't feel bad about it. ^^
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

I like a nice chess game occasionally, played it a lot growing up, though it's been a while since. 

Though nothing more than a casual player!
Synonymous [2143130]

That's good to hear. I also play now rarely because of work but I'd figured that some casual games would be fun.

Hope we can set up some games some time. Thank you :)
byrod [1132772]

I used to play with my dad during childhood, I was a quite okay player back then. But since I moved out, I haven't touched a chess board for ages. Mine is collecting dust at the attic... 
HerrSchmidt [2069746]

She uses cheating scripts.  Ask Champion [247674] 

Champion is a chess ace you should play - it's where he got his name.

Edit: his player number is now [1927067]
NOLAW [1977742]

I used to play Chess with my neighbour when I was younger. Always good and fun times, only casual. Now it's already a decade since I played chess so I think I'm a bit rusty [:wink:]
Synonymous [2143130]

That's a good story you shared with us! Well, age in chess doesn't matter and I might say, a decade is a very long time ago! Thank you. :)
Kleb [2016895]

I love a game of chess, but I am notoriously bad. I want to start working on some statistics for the torn playerbase as well.