I have been chatting since I started this game, but now I have suddenly found an issue. There is one person I just can't initiate a chat with. I still can do it with everyone else but not with him. I didn't block him. Any tips or suggestions? Ask me if you need more information.
Initiating chat
Started by PipoClownvis [2131966] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 13
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 4
- Authority score
- 35 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 40 / 100
- Engagement score
- 52 / 100
Most-liked replies
- RatedR [72498]
· 3 likes ·
maybe they blocked you? if not, try logging out, close your browser, clean your cache and temp files and log back in. that might solve your issue.
I have been chatting since I started this game, but now I have suddenly found an issue. There is one person I just can't initiate a chat with. I still can do it with everyone else but not with him. I didn't block him. Any tips or suggestions? Ask me if you need more information.
There is a chat setting which allows you to block EVERYONE you have had no encounters with before. A lot of players have this turned on to reduce chat spam.
Where is that setting? I don't think that's it because I can initiate a chat with any random person on a forum but I can have a look at it.
Setting was off, tried turning it on and off but that didn't work, thanks for the tip though.
I have noticed a few people experiencing this with no explanation as to why.
Do you see them on your 'Recents' list? Have them send you a mail, or a little cash (I.e. $1) if not and try again.
Have you tried clearing your browsing data/cache?
maybe they blocked you?
if not, try logging out, close your browser, clean your cache and temp files and log back in. that might solve your issue.
Its at the bottom when you click the cog icon
Who is allowed to initiate chat with you?
Anyone can initiate chat with you
Only people you know or have met
If the player you want to chat with has clicked the bottom option then you cant chat them. You can mail them though.
That's not the reason. :(
The chat should initiate and display "You cannot chat with this user because they have not interacted with you recently or they have blocked you." if that was the case for both the setting and being blocked.
(I just tested this.)
It all started with him sending me some cash, when I wanted to thank him I found out I couldn't initiate a chat with him.
i had this issue ages ago, with a single player. Refresh cache!! :)
I'm on the app, and that seems to be the problem now. I logged in on the site and there everything worked fine. Will try to delete the cache on my phone. Thanks for all the help!
Reinstalling the app did the trick for me, thanks for all the help guys! Case closed.
I have experienced this several times, even with people that I speak to on a regular basis, where I either cannot get the chat box to open or I cannot get a message to go through. There are no errors, no displayed text about not interacting or being blocked, no connection errors, just inability to chat. As suggested, log out, clear cache/temp/etc... and try again. If on mobile, I have found restarting your device helps as well at times.