Since coming home from the pub, after watching our three lions (England) beat Columbia in the round of 16 of the world cup, I made a crisp butty (potato chip sandwich for our brethren across the pond), with a side of last night's vindaloo when I got back home. I then went all the way to my computer and logged into Torn.
The first thing I did was train before I heard my faction leader shout at me. After all, pub or not, we're on the ball. Then I did some crimes, because in Torn, that's how you end up on top of the world.
I joined a race, checked the stock market, and opened my bazaar thinking "this time we'll get it right", since I normally forget to open my bazaar. I can be a ditzy drunk at times.
Then I thought I'd hit the forums to see if anybody else was celebrating the football and singing for Eng(er)land. I went to all non-related by mistake instead of straight to the sports forum. I realised this mistake after seeing a thread about Jerusalem.
I read a couple of celebratory threads in said sports forum, and realised that they had been moved by staff for being in the wrong place. I can only assume that they had been moved from GD.
This got me to thinking - there's at least two other posts in GD celebrating non Torn national events. One about Canada's 151st birthday, and one about USA's Independence Day. Since Torn is multi-national, I see no problem with the Torn population generally discussing these topics within its own community. They are technically Torn related, and interesting topics for a neutral to read.
Does this differ greatly from a national sports celebration thread? There is a forum for sports, yes, but there is also a forum for politics and law, travel and culture, and even a general non-related forum.
Would the non-English Torn community like to know how the English players feel about making it to the quarter finals of the World Cup as a general discussion? See if we differ to the hoo.li.gans you see on social media? Or maybe we are just the same.
Discussion topics:
- Should GD ONLY include topics about the inner workings of Torn City, or should it represent the thoughts and feelings of all of the migrant workers/thieves/fraudsters/murderers etc?
- Do you/should anybody visit the forums after getting home from the pub?
- Should threads that are, at best, loosely connected to Torn be allowed to stay in GD just because they have discussion topics written in bold?
Mentions: HAPPY CANADA DAY eh? · I'M ALWAYS FREE