Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Revive Etiquette

Started by All-Might [2062176] on in General Discussion.

76 replies · 2.03k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 77 / 77 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
77
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
40 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
80 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

All-Might [2062176]

I'm really sick and tired of people weaseling their way out of paying for revives. So I decided to make this thread to inform the community about the lingo and Etiquette of revives.

THIS POST IS NOT ABOUT PPL MAKING REVIVE DEALS THIS IS SPECIFICALLY ABOUT PPL WHO SAY "NEED A REVIVE" IN TRADE CHAT

How to get a Free revive



If you are looking for a free revive there is a chance that a random looking to get rid of E will revive you if you are in the hospital. Sometimes I to will do this and I usually revive ppl who are online (If someone revives u without u asking you are not obligated to pay them) Another way to get a free revive is to ask trade for "Free Revive" (It is really shitty to trick players into giving u free revives by asking for a revive then saying u never said u were gonna pay for it)

How to buy a revive

The most common price for 1 revive is either 1mill or 1 Xan. If you ask any of the top 10 revive factions their price for singles revives are the same. If someone offers them for less it is either because they don't need the money or because they're desperate to get rid of their E. Any lower price then 1 mill or Xan is not worth it for a majority of revivers. IF you intend to buy revives for less then this then u need to specify that when asking for a revive in trade.

To buy a revive simply message someone selling them in a trade or just ask trade for a revive. (If you put this in trade chat you are suggesting that you will be paying for it, if you don't you are a scammer, if you intended to get a free revive you need to specify that. 





Etiquette

The standerd rate of a revive is 1mill. If you are paying less you need to specify. Before said person revives you and before asking for a revive. Ex. ("Need revive for 700k") Alot of ppl will also just take a xan.

NEVER say "need a revive" if you are not planning on paying. You need to say, "need a free revive". Revivers dont have time to pm everyone to confirm there paying 1 mill. When a person says "Need a Revive" in trade chat there are 10 revivers clicking that persons profile all at the same time hopeing that they can click confirm first. 

If a reviver PMs you, asking if you need a revive they are asking if you want to buy one. There is not point in asking you if we are planning to give it for free.  

If you suggest that ppl who say need a revive in trade chat, and don't pay did nothing wrong because they say they never said they would, you are legitimizing these scammers and are making this behavior okay. 

The Reviver Black List

Holepuncher 
Butters [34298]

Just one question - who are you to set the "standard fee" for a revive?

You are of course free to set your own fee, but it is a little presumptuous to think you can set a "standard fee" for all revives (and possibly a somewhat outdated one at that).

As.for the "reviving etiquette" - you're probably wasting your time because most of those who wont pay will likely also not read this.



Even for those who do read this they are also not obliged to comply with your own personal expectations.
kyle8048 [488020]

'need a revive' doesn't say anything about paying and absolutely doesn't obligate them to pay if someone revives them without clarifying terms. 
dunmugmeh [538353]

Yes if someone is posting on chats that they need a revive and dont send any recompense when you revive them then they have no class you should blacklist them and maybe bounty them a few times so they end up in hospital again. You dont have to place a high value bounty to send someone to the hospital. Trust me i know. $666 is very effective against field mice scammers and cheaters.

If you just click on the hospital screen and revive the person at the top of the list then you cannot expect a revive payment, if you receive one treat it as a unexpected bonus. Some people like to 'hide' in hospital sometimes despite having revives turned on so they will not ask for a revive or even want one.
Viracocha [1772040]

one issue I've experienced is those that revive without request and then demand payment.  Well perhaps I hospied myself for a specific reason, or was happy to have someone collect that bounty, and I'm good in hospy as anywhere else while my nerve and e regenerate.  So now some asshat has come along thrown a wrench into my plans and revived me without solicitation and demands payment.  Then gets uppity.

Honestly if you think about it, its a clever attempt at crime, albeit about as effective as someone from Mumbai calling you posing as a Tax Collector about to send the police to arrest you for non tax payment, if you don't quickly send them a Western Union.
All-Might [2062176]

Ppl who give out random revives should not demand payment from said ppl. You didnt ask for it.
All-Might [2062176]

Yeah and saying " looking for ____ "would say the same thing. The point is its not rigth to ask for a revive while not clarifying ur asking for a free one. Revivers do,t have time to pm everyone in trade asking fir revives. I have messaged ppl online in hosptials and they have at times not repsonded for 30 mintues. By whocth someon else has revived them
Sharlenwar [1959556]

Man, I hate commenting in GD but here goes. I personally revive to utilize my energy while I'm flying. I hate "idle" energy. So I tend to revive someone from the hospital wherever I may fly to. Side effects of this is sometimes I get payment, sometimes a pleasant "Thank You", most of the time silence. I don't see reviving as a "business" so to speak, but others might. I prioritize a revive based on someone's online status and how long they are going to be in the hospital, money doesn't really matter as there are more efficient ways of generating it.

On another note, if people don't want to be revived by a stranger, then change your setting. Otherwise when I travel, I'm typically going to revive someone in the hospital so that my energy doesn't get to full, and stops regenerating.
All-Might [2062176]

These are not oerosnal expetations they are those of many revivers. And the 1mill is a standerd oay that many ppl pay. Its is the most common lay and as such it ia the standred pay that i have observed that most revived faction memebrrs charge. If you a cheapsake who wants a revive for 300mill that is no way what revives are worth just beacuse thats what u want to pay. Most ppl charge 1mill so that is the wide spread standerd
kyle8048 [488020]

the onus is completely on the part of the reviver to source trustworthy deals. 



I'm personally too busy to see if I'm being scammed so I think I should be immune from scamming. 
Tyrech [2091318]

Sorry. I think I understand where your coming from, but can't agree with you. If you see someone advertising to buy certain items or services and they don't set the price, like many do, imo, it's within the possible seller responsibilities to ask their price and negotiate with them a price just for both. Likewise, if you're selling revives and don't say your price and I'm interested, falls on my plate to ask you what your price is.

Also, just because most people revive for 1m or 1 xanax, doesn't mean that's the current price. I've seen it done for 850k, 750k and 500k and I also have seen it done for 1.5m, 2m and even 5m. Like any item/service, the market fluctuates and depends on both the buyer and the seller, and search and offer.
Queequeg [1602158]

I always pay a million for a revive after xanax OD but I agree with tyrech, I've seen people willing to revive for less. I still give them a million fake dollars, it's just easier to type, and I'm lazy.
Ninivah [1950421]

"Just because you dont specify a price when aksing for a revive does not mean u are not obligated to pay for it."

Possibly...it does. If you revive them without an agreement, you've left your intentions and their intentions up for interpretation. Maybe they were fishing for free revives and you read what you wanted to read.

Instead of telling people how to act and what to say why not actually have a bona fide agreement before you revive? When you message people for revives, tell them up front that you expect payment and what your fee is. Don't do the job and then discuss the payment later. Hell, even ask for downpayment first and see if you can get away with that. 

If someone agrees to pay you and then don't pay you then they're shit, just block them and never work for them again. But if you operate on assumption without an agreement then you're liable for your loss. 

"Revivers do,t have time to pm everyone in trade asking fir revives. I have messaged ppl online in hosptials and they have at times not repsonded for 30 mintues. By whocth someon else has revived them"

You say revivers don't have time but if you're serious about your business then make the time. You've certainly found time to complain. The competition is part of the game. Maybe the better thing to do would be to build a clientel list or some sort of agreement with a faciton. Or join a revive faction and have them set up contracts. That way you have an idea of who wants to be revived and who'd be willing to pay and you could possibly move on from non-verbal 
Wollongong [12833]

Who are you thinking you can determine how I do business? Why do you think it is your prerogative to set terms? What if someone says "need revive" to invite offers so he can select lowest price?

Any business has two sides. Any "term unilaterally stated is worthless.

Edit: meh... all this was said already. In any way... learn: if a price was not mutually agreed, there is no contract.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Why would I even pay 1 mil for a revive? Most of my revivers have 25e revives.. If I'm buying losses which costs 25e I wouldn't pay more than 250k, why would revives be seen different... Most I would pay for a revive is 400k. And I refuse to abide by your etiquettes. 
Tilted [1694357]

tbh reviving in trade chat is just a race to hit that button first if you want to actually make any "DECENT" money reviving join a revive faction that gets contracts.

else youll just give out free revives every now and then thats the risk of being a reviver
deft [979003]

@Butters - 1 million revive is a good deal and a fair price currently. It used to be 1 million about 8 years ago. Around 6 years ago the price went up to 1.5-2m with some asking for 3m during wars. Now that ched removed all competitive aspects to the game with this dogshit system, the price is back down to 1m as a standard. It may rise again whenever he comes up with something that torn can enjoy, but that day may never come.

@CloudJumper Revivers have to complete medical and be in a faction with maxed revive upgrade, most don't have that luxury, they're just players looking to make some money in a game that's really hard to come up in. 
Enigma [2025298]

If you don't take the time to confirm they're willing to pay, then you have no right to feel slighted. Poor communication is the problem here. 

Also, I used to spend several minutes negotiating trade deals just to earn a few hundred thousand in profit...spending 10 secs to earn a mil isn't really worth bitching about.