8 replies · 149 views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
25
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100
Most-liked replies
RatedR[72498]
· 4 likes · but you had 20 days to submit... why wait till the last possible minute? i will pass it to ched, see if he is willing to accommodate you.
Chit[1380260]
· 3 likes · In the end, this competition is all for fun right? Seems like she wants to participate and real life got in the way of her getting it in time and it was a buzzer beater. If there was ever a …
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 3 likes · As I mentioned in the other related thread, unfortunately submissions are closed and I don't think it'd be fair to add another submission after the other submissions are closed and the voting-only period has started. Every single person who's voted …
Alright, so poptop suggested I make a thread here regarding my Ms. Torn entry crisis. Since I put enough effort in my entry to believe I deserve this issue to be resolved so that my entry can be submitted, I'm doing all I can to make that happen.
Essentially, when uploading my photo there was a problem with my file and sizes. It was minutes from submissions being closed. However, once it finally uploaded there was no way for me to enter. This was around 23:59. I understand that general staff has no power over this, and it is my fault for submitting last minute.
I was in a lot of distress realizing all my work would not put me in the competition since my photo would not upload just minutes sooner. Thus, I really hope the empathetic Chedburn will allow my damn photo to be submitted into the competition.
In the end, this competition is all for fun right? Seems like she wants to participate and real life got in the way of her getting it in time and it was a buzzer beater.
If there was ever a time to bend a bit, this is it. No reason she should get left out.
I hate sob stories but I honestly had no time to take the photo. I've been out on business trips and actually quit my job just last night. I decided today to take the photo since I had the idea planned out for awhile and didn't have to go to work.
I just really wanted to be a part of the competition, and don't want my efforts to go to waste.
As I mentioned in the other related thread, unfortunately submissions are closed and I don't think it'd be fair to add another submission after the other submissions are closed and the voting-only period has started. Every single person who's voted on all of the images so far, would suddenly see yours pop up two days after their last one - sparking confusion, controversy and maybe even an unfair advantage.
Even if this was a good idea, we wouldn't be able to do it until likely Monday - we'd have to reopen all submissions just for you as there's no process to add a new submission once the submissions system has totally closed. It would take developer time, and because it's not part of the normal process (it would need to be manually coded) there are risks in seriously breaking something.