i mean, he's made it pretty clear that he was doing a father ted, hence the halo around his head. so his intention wasn't to do a nazi salute, but to look like he was doing a nazi salute. offensive? sure, to some. hate speech? no, i don't think so. a bad joke, maybe in poor taste? yeah, that seems right.
getting so upset about bad jokes seems like a slippery slope. the only repercussions of this should be completely social, in that if you were offended by the photo, maybe you like popada a little less.
I'm saying its wrong to ban the symbolism of Nazism to the point of harming those who have used the Swastika, long before Hitler was born. Or girls whose name is Swastika. Even model hobbyists who build WW2 could be charged criminally in some countries for building with the included decals from globally available kits. While at the same time allowing the symbolism, and the ideology of another with considerably more dead at their hands, to flourish.
So in protest to draw attention to this perverse circumstance, I will not support the banning of any Nazi symbolism. Especially when the ideology of Nazism is being attributed to others, not with substantiation, but merely to silence there views when no rational argument is available.
I like what Hungary has done. Ban the symbolism of both. I also support their right to protect their sovereign nation, and decide for themselves as to who and how many immigrants they will allow.
No I'm not a supremacist. Not a racist, nor bigot. I do see that certain cultures don't mix well. I prefer the world of diverse cultures each in their own environment with modest migration. I detest the UN and Peter Sutherland's forced migration to break up homogenous cultures. I detest the Kalergian fantasy. I detest diversity targets, which typically sacrifice merit and competence. As far as I'm concerned you lend yourself towards bigotry by adopting such policies.
While some cultures are near extinction and efforts are made to protect them, others are intentionally disrupted and damaged.
I can assure you from interaction with this sad, pathetic individual that it is in reference to Nazis.
He is a weak impotent little man, and his ability to get a reaction from posting the salute of some losers who got their butts whipped in war, and who are an embarrassment to most of their country today, is just about the best thing he has going for him.
There's no swastika in this picture. You're on a tangent, it doesn't seem helpful.
Someone known to make anti-semitic comments is shown displaying a nazi hand gesture.
Regardless of symbols with multiple meanings, surely you are able to think within context. If a buddhist displays a swastik it's unlikely part of a movement that attempted genocide. If a white bald male displays it, then it's most likely im support of the movement that killed and tortured jews, homosexuals, handicapped etc.
This black and white version of yours is not good mate. Rational argument missing!
Just giving my perspective, as I'm probably the biggest Jew in Torn... What offends me is that I called him dad in global and he claimed to "not hate Jews" but after looking at his past forum posts I'm quite confused.
Well Judaism and Political Zionism are two different things. Perhaps that is where the confusion lies. I really have no idea, as I'm not privy, so just throwing that out there.
Whether it's the whole Father Ted thing or genuinely a Nazi salute attempt, it should not have been able to be entered / uploaded, as has caused a degree of offense despite not being exactly the salute.
Still, a strong resemblance - staff should review it.
It certainly has sparked quite the debate!
2019646[2019646] · #74
why is nobody seeing the real crime which is the knockoff budget bowflex workout contraption....it should be flagged and removed on principal alone
STAFF NOTE: This thread has been reported as making serious allegations against a specific player. A quick review of General Discussion shows a rich history of people creating threads to discuss views about specific players. Where it is game relevant, those threads are generally allowed to run (Where they are s.pecifically using personal information - no matter how spurious - and are not game relevant, the threads are generally removed and the OPs dealt with).
My reading of the original post is that the picture used in the Mr/Ms Torn Competition is offensive to some players. It seems clear that some players are offended by the picture, others are arguing that it is misreading the image or over-reaching in regarding it as breaking any rules.
I cannot pre-empt any final decision that may be made by the site owner - but at this point, it seems that an arm gesture in a photograph does not meet the benchmark to be regarded as discrimination under the social guidelines.