Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Donations and Withdrawals within Faction Vaults

Started by EpoDogma [2145178] on in Suggestions.

9 replies · 58 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
40 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
EpoDogma [2145178]

tl;tr We should be able to see withdrawals.

One of the most annoying things about factions, is how vaults work. Not for the people who simply use the vault to store their money, but for the people who manage it and have to attempt to keep track of all transactions that occur, without records of these transactions.

So, as you can likely tell, my "suggestion" would be the implementation of an improved vault system, including vault records for ALL transaction, not only donations. As an example, and only an example, imagine the pandemonium that would happen if a bank only kept track of peoples donations, and not their withdrawals. Well, simply put, we wouldnt have an economy at that point, or at the very least we wouldnt have banks, because of the high exploitation rate of these systems. Now, I understand that we are not a bank, but the system we implement, or should implement, is the same.

Oh, and by the way, did I forget to mention that I'm complaining about this with only a faction of a little over 10 people? Imagine how bigger factions must feel about the use of their vaults with such a system. I would assume, not that good. Which is why I think that this system is in place and I must have just overlooked it. Right? Because it would be astonishing if we didn't have this system, right?

Soo I did a bit of thinking. Could we have one person, or maybe a handful of people manage the vault as well as be the carriers for the money of the vault? Well, no. The vault needs to be easily accessible to everyone, as this is their money, and no matter how many people you have, an no matter how many differing timezones, you cant have people monitoring people who want to donate or withdraw their money constantly and always be able to provide. People might not be on, they might have an accident, maybe their phones wont work, maybe they've grown bored with the game. Maybe greed takes over and the begin to steal small amounts of money from people who ask these overseers, these managers to put in the money. What if there is an emergency and someone needs the money right then and there, or they need to donate it? Well they have to go through a human. Which is ridiculously slow. Well then maybe we give everyone vault permissions and hope they honestly keep track of, and honestly represent, their money? This option is not possible for obvious reasons. Maybe we just use one big public vault? Well, same problem. People's greed and no withdrawal record that I can find. Plus what's the point of doing that to keep your money safe, when once you donate it, it's no longer your money?

Well either way, my recommendation is that this system be implemented into the donation feed and the armory. In fact, within the armory, (or perhaps even make a whole knew section in the faction, named "Vault" and quite obviously for the vault, where the game itself can keep track of donations and withdrawals, which I think would be too intensive for the game, or keep track of a players MRT, Most Recent Transaction) we should implement the withdrawals system. Oh and if we do have this system, which I wouldnt be shocked by, please make it more accessible. Meaning more obvious and easier to find.
Jefayette [2044515]

faction>main news. it's there. it's pretty easy to find. donations are found in faction>donations. anyone can donate, only the leader/co-leader, and people with FO permission (full ordnance management- essentially an extra co) can retrieve money. they can give the money to themselves, or to other people in the faction. 

As it's quite hard to understand your question, since as far as I can tell, it's buried somewhere in the wall of text, I'll do some more explaining. The faction vault is one, giant vault. If you donate money, it's added to the total. It's designed for people to DONATE money to the faction, not to store it. If you want to store your money, you can do so in the bookies (not for long, though), in points, or in a property vault. If you desperately need to store your money in a faction vault, it may take some time to get it back. That's why all these other systems exist. 

Please, before wasting your time on a monster such as this paragraph, ask in the QnA forum, or in New Players Chat, or just write something small, so that when someone like me corrects you, you haven't wasted so much time.

Good luck,

Jef

tl;dr- this suggestion isn't necessary. at all. it asks for a system which is already there, and then requests that it's moved somewhere easier to find, when it's already about as easy to find as they get.

Edit: for people wanting to suggest things to the game, look around first to see if it's there. Then, wait a bit before you suggest something. The majority of suggestions in this forum aren't very useful and are never going to succeed, like this one. And the vast majority of suggestions like those are posted by very young people, like EpoDogma here. The few that succeed are mostly made by older players, and are simple, easy to implement suggestions to improve the game in slight ways. 
EpoDogma [2145178]

Sorry but that is not what I was asking. I will simplify it for you, and everyone else. We should be able to see the withdrawals of people. And so what if it was created to donate shit to? It doesnt matter, what only matters is how you use it. I was discussing the system we already had, so please, before you start lecturing me try to make sure you understand what is being said. I understand what I said may have been confusing, so i apologize on my behalf. And the reason that bookies are going away is EXACTLY WHY we need this withdrawal system. No one is going to walk up to a stash of money, take 2mil, and walk away.
Jefayette [2044515]

I'm not sure if you're actually talking about a faction vault here. The only people who can withdraw are the leader, co-leader, and people with FO permission. Other than that, nobody can withdraw any money. Technically, you can't even withdraw. All you can do is give money to yourself (or other people). If someone does give anyone anything, it can be seen in the faction>main news page. That is, click on "My Faction" (this link) then scroll down to the bottom of the page. There, you will find a box containing Main News and a bunch of other headings. Main news will be automatically selected. From there, you can scroll through the pages and find messages like these:

[image: gyazo.com]

Have fun! :)
EpoDogma [2145178]

Yes, I understand all of this. What I'm saying is, and this is true to life, it doesnt matter what something is made for, what matters is what it's used for. The vault is used to donate money, yes. But what I am saying is that it should show not only what people donate, and how much someone gives another person, but how much they withdraw themselves. I give many people in the faction, whom I can trust, FO permissions. We use our faction vault, as (even though this may surprise you) a vault.
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor

Cheers from hot and muggy Gulf Shores.

This link works to give an updated total....but yeah the news feeds in big factions must be a nightmare.

Better keep an audited total somewhere either in Fac forum or outside of Torn.
Jefayette [2044515]

um.... if you withdraw money, it shows. Did you look at the picture I sent? did you read my post? IT SHOWS. You can only give money, not withdraw it. THE ONLY WAY for you to withdraw is to give it to yourself, a thing you can do. And guess what? It shows up in the main news!

[image: gyazo.com]

Wow! That means Jimmy007 withdrew $200,000,000. 

Please, please, please, read what I write.

Thanks!