I'm pro-life and a man. I'm looking to have some sortta debate in this thread about abortion. I'm willing to have my mind changed if you present valid arguments, and I'd prefer that you'd be open minded as well. If you'd like to have a debate about abortion we can start with you posting at what point/if abortion becomes wrong such as when the fetus develops consciousness. there will also be a poll so I can see if Torn is full of leftists hippies or not.
Abortion
Started by Weird_al [2106246] on in Politics & Law.
About this thread
Posts archived: 224 / 224 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 224
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 30 / 100
- Historical score
- 17 / 100
- Story score
- 48 / 100
- Engagement score
- 81 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- 2049144 [2049144]
· 15 likes ·
Just because someone is pro choice doesnt make them a leftist and neither does being pro life means youre a right winger. ive always been pro choice, the big reason being that its not your body its the women’s body … - MachineGunSteve [184119]
· 9 likes ·
Abortion should be btw a woman and her doctor... and if she wants to include him... the guy who knocked her up. Abortion should not however be used as a contraceptive. A woman who is raped, or who simply makes … - Bonni2 [2153977]
· 8 likes ·
World is far too miserable, would rather not have a child. I am pro-choice, and a leftist at that. I don't think torn is full of leftists, but retards, sure. If one is: - Not financially capable, the father ranaway, …
I'm pro-life and a man. I'm looking to have some sortta debate in this thread about abortion. I'm willing to have my mind changed if you present valid arguments, and I'd prefer that you'd be open minded as well. If you'd like to have a debate about abortion we can start with you posting at what point/if abortion becomes wrong such as when the fetus develops consciousness. there will also be a poll so I can see if Torn is full of leftists hippies or not.
Just because someone is pro choice doesnt make them a leftist and neither does being pro life means youre a right winger.
ive always been pro choice, the big reason being that its not your body its the women’s body and she has every right to not want the baby in this world for her reasons.
The reasons could be that she cannot give the baby a good life, the child will suffer growing up. There is enough unloved children in this world who are dumped and left all alone.
Good riddance.
Abortion should be btw a woman and her doctor... and if she wants to include him... the guy who knocked her up.
Abortion should not however be used as a contraceptive.
A woman who is raped, or who simply makes a mistake can think about it for a day or so and take a pill. If you want to think longer than a couple of weeks then I feel it is wrong to abort, but that is just my personal moral view.
The laws on the books should be followed with regards to abortion, because they have been established by professionals who know more than I do, but if a compromise was suggested that made the decision to abort shorter than it currently is, but still allowed I could go along with that.
Making abortion illegal is immoral. Why force a woman to have an unwanted child in a world that is already over populated?
@OP
Calling people names to start a debate isn't a debate... it is an obvious attempt at starting an argument. Arguments are not debates.
I am neither a leftist or a hippy, btw. I simply think for myself.
World is far too miserable, would rather not have a child.
I am pro-choice, and a leftist at that. I don't think torn is full of leftists, but retards, sure.
If one is:
- Not financially capable, the father ranaway, can't sustain self.
- Got pregnant because of rape and doesn't want to be reminded of what happened.
- Mentally unstable, intolerant and impatient.
- At risk of dying.
- Doesn't want kids.
Who are we to stop them?
LEAVE THEM ALONE unless you:
- Financially support them.
- Adopt their child.
- Do miracle on their body to make the risk go away.
Okay that part was a joke. I thought it was clear but obviously the world is obsessed with that political correctness now days. Now for your argument. First of all it is NOT her body it is a separate human being being inside of her does not make it her body, otherwise whenever a man was having sex with this woman his genitals would also be her body.. and you claim that if she cannot give the baby a good life she has the right to kill it, but what gives her the right to decide for this child if it dies or not? The child cannot communicate weather or not it would like to live and why should his mother have the right to decide for him? furthermore, if the sexual act to produce the child was consensual then the mother has NO reason whatsoever to have an abortion as she should be willing to accept having a child if she had sex without contraception.
umm first of all that hippie thing was a joke. Now while I agree that the woman ideally would not have to live with the consequences of the farther, the child should not be punished either. I view abortion as murder and murdering a child should NEVER be used just because his mother was raped. you also claim that if she made a mistake she should not have to live with it's consequences, if I murder you and regret it I do not get off scott free. That simple, regretting something doesn't mean you don't have to live with the consequences.
definately a conservative but prochoice. i dont agree with abortion but i am a realist and understand things happen.
there are enough miserable people around who don't need access to unwanted kids to abuse and/or molest.
I do feel the woman need a safe chioce though as which is the more acceptable death? that of the pregnant woman who doesn't want the baby for hopefully a rational reason or that of the unborn child. i can't think of a more miserable existance than to know you weren't wanted.
okay, if you don't want kids don't have sex, or if you do use contraception . DON'T just jump to abortion. if you had consensual sex and are now at risk of dying you should've been aware that was a possibility and be willing to accept it. I don't understand what you mean by intolerant and impatient please elaborate more. less than 1% of abortions are because of rape, I would not make abortion legal for almost if not all cases as the politicians fighting for abortion would do (in America at least) finally for your first point you should use contraception if you cannot support the child.
you can speak for yourself on the stopping having sex part.
insult removed due to op crying
A bunch of cells splitting inside a womb is not a viable human until much further along, and if a woman decides in a reasonable amount of time to end the process of those cells dividing that is not murder, and it is entirely her decision.
IMHO
if those cells are not a human then what makes you a human that it doesn't have? after all, you are just a bunch of cells as well
please use arguments and not insults. and the purpose of sex is to reproduce, so if you have sex you should be doing it to reproduce. It's called sexual REPRODUCTION after all.
again, speak for yourself that is not the only purpose of sex if you think that you are kidding yourself.
Shouldnt even come down to a matter of time it should be allowed up till 9 months... The world is too populated already...
One becomes a human once the cells stop dividing and they are fully formed and viable outside the womb. Again, my preference is for the decision to be made well within the first trimester, but I am not an expert in the field, and I am not at all beholden to any supernatural or spiritual misgivings. My opinions are purely based on morality, decency, and practicality for everyone involved.
Reasonable time to make reasonable decisions that will determine the rest of the mothers life and the life of the unborn... is reasonable.
umm yes that is the only purpose of sex.
Murder should not be allowed to thin down the population
again you fail
genocide is taking place on an almost constant basis it seems, before my lifetime and during my lifetime and probably long after my lifetime
do you even follow the news? or politics?
I never said that genocide was just.