Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Drunk pilot

Started by Smithie1993 [2130063] on in Bugs & Issues.

20 replies · 252 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Smithie1993 [2130063]

Hi 

I am traveling returning or going somewhere I notice the time been switching lowering to hour then back up to what it was or show 00:00:00 if I refresh it was fix but kinda getting on my nerves 

 

Really I blame it on pilot drunk doing circles before landing 
RatedR [72498]

just making sure i understand correctly, your travel time (the bottom bar) keeps changing?

what browser, os and platform? any addons or scripts? does refreshing the page fix it?
Smithie1993 [2130063]

Yes I'm on andriod tablet from web browser  it does happen with app too. 

Refreshing does fix it sometimes if I refresh it either fix or show 00:00:00 for it I usalyus just close browser and refresh it that way.
RatedR [72498]

does this happen all the time you travel? do you go from one platform to the other, or is that all on the same one?
Smithie1993 [2130063]

It's all the same one  it happens often I just ingore it been happening seens "update" came I notice it more now as my plane ready to land then doing this 
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

It's strange that seemingly no one else has noticed this issue? Which leads me to believe it may be a problem on your end?

Are you able to try any other browsers please? Also is there any chance a screenshot / video would help show the problem?
Smithie1993 [2130063]

I have tryed a other computer still chrome and did'nt see it happening  its only a occaonlly  thing so be hard to video. My tablet is a older android but see it being on my end if its a web base game.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

The timer system we use on travelling could be checked to ensure it's the same as the ones we use site-wide that are reliable.
evanarmagast [512496]

no, it's just a cosmetic issue. the timer displays an incorrect time, but the actual time the flight takes is unaffected.

op, are you saying the time displayed is lower than it's supposed to show, or higher than it's supposed to be? because i've noticed with Chrome, if the travel tab isn't the selected tab, the timer will stop counting down. then, when switching back to that tab, the timer continues from where it was instead of refreshing to show the actual countdown. which, i believe would be fixed by just making the page autorefresh, sort of like the navigation column does.

unless the time is shorter than it's supposed to be, which would make it something else entirely? but still possibly fixed by making the countdown autorefresh occasionally, i suppose?
ArttiIsGod [1954421] Wiki Contributor

When I started playing few years ago. Travel timer worked smoothly, like when I keep browser tab on, but not connected to wifi and I navigate away to do other things with my phone. Timer would correctly show my landing time. Now it just stops. Shows 00:00:00, when I'm still flying, or shorter time.

I always think it is problem on my end.

Chrome 65, android 4.2.2

Edit: Travelled to Mexico. Tab was selected, but phone locked. At the landing time, clock showed 3 minutes. Then browser refreshed, showed 00:00:00, torn app notifies me of landing, clock briefly shows again 3 minutes and then 00:00:00 and then I am in Mexico. 
iPunish [1604376]

I've also had a few issues as of late. Flight prolonged a extra 21 mins

its happened coming back from Mexico, Canada and South Africa  

south Africa may of been a real flight delay as that took an extra 1 hour and 3 minutes. 

Arent flight delays guaranteed to put out 1.5-2 hours of delay. 

Meaning everytime I've had a little extra flight time say 30 mins it wasn't from the special? Could of been faulty timer or glitch?