Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hacking Crime

Started by A-JoJo [2034290] on in General Discussion.

36 replies · 759 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 37 / 37 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

SeaLion [250755]

I have some of the highest busts, warehouses, mayors, and stealth viruses done. However, because I was a dumbshit and did a few hacks, drug crimes, pawn shops, and GTA 3 YEARS ago I am still ****ed. I’ve been doing safe crimes for years now and have always had max nerve as it’s released, but the game was programmed to **** you over to add any diversity to your crimes. Should only steal jackets, stealth virus, warehouse arson, and kidnap mayor. 

 

Here i I sit with 15K warehouses, 2500 busts, 10k stealth virus, 5-10k mayors, and still no political assasination OC for me. 
KermodeBear [2011760]

I did the mainframe hacking crime almost exclusively for a good long while, with +24% success from merits. You don't get jailed all that often, but the hit to your crime experience is real. I ended up dropping from a 35NNB to 30NNB after a month or two. The money is good though.

 
Grif [882958]

To me my opinion isn't that it has high failure rates. It's that it has random jailings irrespective of your ce and each failure kills your nnb. It's the reason I'm only now able to be in a pa team. Back in the day I failed a few of the those and pawn shops. And didn't focus enough on CE after hitting 45

It's best to focus on CE till you have enough to make cash in pas
A-JoJo [2034290]

i just hit 60 successes in a row! I will post here when i get my first fail, but it hasn’t happened yet : P

Thanks for all the posts/replies. I’m enjoying reading about y’all’s experiences with hacking
Warlock [881031]

In my experience having done as many as I have, let me be the first to warn you; the fails come in series as well. Sometimes you’ll succeed for two weeks straight and then get jailed 3 times in one day. 

 

I would love to be a part of a PA team, but as for right now it would take multiple years to get the CE needed. hard to say if it would be worth the YEARS of monotony and lost income. 
A-JoJo [2034290]

Got over 100 successful hacks before finally getting jailed. i still have my 50 nnb and seeing as how i got 50 right after i started doing hacks, i’d say the penalty isn’t too high. if i fail again before 100 more hacks, my opinion might change, but right now i’m just gonna keep doing hacks
Taburisu [295365]

Thing is, getting jailed once or twice might not seem significant, or will it affect your NNB right away. As many other posters said, you still need to gather more data.
evanarmagast [512496]

i understand following the money. i did a few hackings back when the money meant something, just like i did a few pawn shops when the price of points skyrocketed. nerve bars have changed since then, so it might be a little different now, but that nnb will slip away from you pretty quickly. these days, there are safer ways to make money. ones that won't trash your nerve bar before you get a chance to see how it works with crimes 2.0.

which is the answer to your question of what the point of a high nerve bar is: in preparation for crimes 2.0
dunmugmeh [538353]

Its probably the same for me. Last time i lost my 60 nerve bar was this year, i got it back swiftly of course but the damage is done.

I had my hacking phase (that lasted for months) that resulted in me losing the maximum nerve bar reinforced with over 10000 arson warehouse.

I had my pawnshop phase.

Done a lot of nerve 8 crimes and lots of gta 3.

I cant remember how many times i have lost and regained the maximum nerve bar. Its way over 10 times though.
SeaLion [250755]

I don’t recall ever losing mine though. For 3-4 years I’ve been on good behavior. Lol

The damage I have suffered is from several years ago. Sure I’ve had the occasional forget to carry 75K fail but that’s a rare occurrence not a habit. 

 

Im really hoping crimes 2.0 adds some diversity to crimes and doesn’t punish us so hard. 
dunmugmeh [538353]

I know i would be just above a stock 60 nerve bar :P

I have mainly been clicking GTA 1 this year. That would help a bit though obviously not as much as nerve 10, 11 crimes etc.

When/if i change factions i will be looking to join 1 which does PA. Im not in any rush though.