OK. So after my character now being named as a 'Druggy' without actually having taken a single drug since I was last changed to 'Soldier' I feel it is time to give this game up. I find that it is not a life simulator but a crime simulator. Everything that you can do in this game is all so you can improve your law breaking skills and doesn't fit to how I wanted to play the game. Sure you can play as a nice character and don't get involved with anything 'criminal' but what that leaves you with is logging in every day and going to the gym (which I've been doing for about 120 days now). No excitement for me so time I bowed out. Please feel free to annihilate my character for everything he has which isn't much.
Goodbye
Started by MutantKeyboard [2104886] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 45 / 45 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 45
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 25 / 100
- Story score
- 59 / 100
- Engagement score
- 72 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Dolfwagos [1900418] Committee
· 3 likes ·
k bye - MutantKeyboard [2104886]
· 1 likes ·
Thanks Will_Power for your perfect pointing out that I have in the past taken drugs. However you have also highlighted my quote that proves you wrong, did you actually read it? I said that I haven't taken any drugs since … - Collete [1389080]
· 1 likes ·
sounds like Hill
OK. So after my character now being named as a 'Druggy' without actually having taken a single drug since I was last changed to 'Soldier' I feel it is time to give this game up. I find that it is not a life simulator but a crime simulator. Everything that you can do in this game is all so you can improve your law breaking skills and doesn't fit to how I wanted to play the game. Sure you can play as a nice character and don't get involved with anything 'criminal' but what that leaves you with is logging in every day and going to the gym (which I've been doing for about 120 days now). No excitement for me so time I bowed out. Please feel free to annihilate my character for everything he has which isn't much.
tldr
But can I have your stuff
Nope
*Staff Edit*
It's your choice, but I'd like to point to out that there's still a ton of things you can do without doing crimes or attacking people.
Such as?
- trading (this is the most obvious choice), including flying for flowers/plushies
- going through the basic jobs and/or finding a company that best suits your playing style
- reviving people (after you completed the Medical job)
- gambling (if it fits your idea of a nice character)
- completing all educations
- searching the dump
And so on, and so forth.
You said that no drugs have been taken, ever..
Obviously you are wrong as you have previously taken 1 Cannabis and 1 LSD.
Do the above mentioned not classed as drugs anymore? Its all in your profile stats page.
"without actually having taken a single drug since I was last changed to 'Soldier'"
uh nah
*Staff edit*
k bye
Thanks Will_Power for your perfect pointing out that I have in the past taken drugs. However you have also highlighted my quote that proves you wrong, did you actually read it?
I said that I haven't taken any drugs since my title was last changed. Yes I have taken 1 cannabis and 1 LSD and yes they are drugs.
Quick show of hands - Who here IRL has experimented with cannabis in their past? -- Keep your hands up if you are a 'Druggy'. Oh which is also spelled wrong by the way!
Not sure what you're trying to say to me, I was correcting Silentangel's post.
Did someone say KFC?
Try the Sims!!
In all this time played you still know very little about the game.
Maybe noughts and crosses is safe enough.
Just want to point out that that title "Druggy" refers to your drugs taken being your highest ranking stat in the hall of fame. Those titles are driven by what you do in the game, so you were a soldier before because the beastly 3 respect you have earned was obviously your highest ranking stat at the time.
If you want to change your title, the list of titles is here: https://www.torn.com/wiki/Titles
As Will_Power said there is plenty of things you can do that won't be criminal in nature, though why would want to in a game billed as a crime game is a bit beyond me.
Your choice.
A bit of advice, move into your shack so you don't have a huge upkeep bill with Duke when you return.
It is possible to play drug free, many have done that, not me, lol.
So you don't like being called a druggy, few of us like our titles, silly reason to quit.
If you're going to go, go and don't let the door hit you on your way out. No need to be mad lol
Your title changes depending on what you've done most. As you've only taken two drugs, then do three or more of something else and it'll change, eventually.
It's entirely possible to play the game without breaking any in-game 'laws'. Trading, reviving, gambling, travelling and playing the stock market all spring to mind, although you'd need to get to level 15 first. It all depends if you're dedicated enough to play an abstract and harder version of the game.
166 days old
Less than 15 hours played
Do u even know how to Torn?