Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

2FA Reminder Event

Started by MadHatter [486416] on in Bugs & Issues.

3 replies · 31 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
33 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
37 / 100
MadHatter [486416]

I've had 2FA activated since it was added, so why am I now getting an event every time I log in? 2FA is activated, and I already have to have my cell-phone constantly on hand to access the game. Why do I now need to add the Google Authenticator?

Edit: This thread is no longer necessary. I've set up the second 2FA with Authy.
Stewie [1494547]

I was also getting this earlier...

I managed to stop the event being sent by removing both mobile number and Authenticator and just resetting up the Authenticator. (I imagine you could just set back up SMS, if you wanted!) Hopefully that will also work for you.

It should not be sending the event though if you have one of them enabled, in my opinion. (By the way, SMS is much less secure than the Authenticator!)

(Another thing to note is you do not need to use Google Authenticator, you can use Authy too if you wish!)
MadHatter [486416]

Thanks man, I actually just came back to suggest them setting up with Authy! I have to use it for a few other accounts, and I don't have any problem with that one.

Those events were going to get pretty annoying.

Edit: This thread is no longer necessary. I've set up the second 2FA using Authy.
Stewie [1494547]

Yep. I asked Chedburn a couple times in bug reports if Authy would work - but I never got a response, so I just had to find out myself if it would... I absolutely refuse to use Google Authenticator. :) I'm glad you've got it sorted though!

Authy has a backup system and I reset my phone quite often, so Google's is not ideal for me.

 

I really don't like that it's labelled as being specifically for Google Authenticator though. :/