Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Private Vault

Started by cyranorick [2137415] on in Questions & Answers.

15 replies · 317 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
12
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

cyranorick [2137415]

Hey guys, 
I thought I read somewhere, that a private vault is in a castle and a PI.
Since the bookie-thing today, I am kinda f***d, since I have no idea how to keep my money safe, and accessible. 
So I rented a castle today (kind of in a hurry, since I wanted to stash my money asap), with lots of happiness... still no vault. 

So the question is: Are there vaults in castles? Even in rented ones or do I have to own it. (Can upgrade staff, not interior on rented one.)
Or do I need a PI? OWN or rent? 

I am a little confused. 

P.S.: Mugging is futile ;) Bought stocks for now to get rid of my cash.. ^^

Thanks in advance,
Rick
Hoy [1208641] Officer Officer

Yes, Castles do have the option to have vaults, along with Palaces and Private Islands.
You also do need to own the property to have access to the vault. 
McDallas [14757]

It's a really good idea for new players to join one of the demanding and active factions that accept noobs. You'd learn so much. 

There are various ways to hide money, best have a look around the tutorials and guides section of the forum. 

You can't use vaults in rentals. The owner uses it to hide money from the government, and rents out the rest. 
Delta [2049998]

Since you own a company you can use that as a vault?

Also Candymonster is right it's what I'm doing but it costs about 100mil for a decent vault. And if you want to live in a PI normally then it's not worth it unless you are living in a spouses PI because you cant move in/out of the PI more than once a day if you have staff hired.
Delta [2049998]

Well it depends on your vault size and discounts, I'm assuming you got a large vault which costs significantly more than my medium vault
Kayla [2031661]

Also worth noting that those properties don't come with vaults. Properties need to be upgraded with them, so you can't just buy a castle and expect a vault as well. If you want to buy a property to use a vault with, be prepared to spent a bit more on top to upgrade it with a vault. And yes as already said by Hoy, you must own the property to use the vault. Good luck!
amity062 [2095687]

Would starting a company just for access to a vault be a good idea? I mean, if I don't hire anyone, nor spend on buying any inventory, would I be incurring any costs? 

I'm thinking I could do this for awhile, until I can afford to buy a P.I. with a large vault :) 
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

You can do that, but you won't be able to work another job, so there is a lot of wasted opportunity cost.

No work stat gains for being director of a 0* company.  No trains.  No pay, no perks, etc.