Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

receiving this error

Started by Levy [728050] on in Bugs & Issues.

24 replies · 215 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
45 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Levy [728050]

Error 1015 Ray ID: 44ef75b2083f5cd5 • 2018-08-23 17:57:07 UTC

You are being rate limited


What happened?


The owner of this website (www.torn.com) has banned you temporarily from accessing this website.

 

Anyone know what that is?? also why every time i log in i get verification code sent to my phone number??



RatedR [72498]

what were you doing when this showed?

what browser, os and platform are you using?

what scripts and addons do you have active at the moment?
Levy [728050]

im on a laptop using google chrome, no scripts also it happened twice and when this started i also had to verify with phone code every time i logged in, i think i changed something in my internet connection preferences but dont remember what
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

We're currently testing out some new rate limiting, this was a quick and easy to to find the perfect limits as we can see exactly how many people are blocked for one minute (you were part of a very small percent). This has now been set to a challenge capatcha which appears if you make more than 250 requests to Torn with a single IP within a minute - which is no small feat. I do wonder how you achieved it - I managed to trigger it by spam clicking around very quickly.

I'd be interested to see if anyone can trigger this cloudflare captcha through normal play and exactly what you were doing / which pages you were visiting in the 60 seconds leading up to it. I have a feeling some specific pages may be generating loads of requests - especially those with many individual images.
Levy [728050]

i opened 10 tabs with a mug target each , thats it,its the same reason i get phone verify every time?

 

i changed some things in my internet prefernces just before that
LuluCthulhu [2100706]

I'm pretty sure I got this message when I was eating my big box of chocolates too fast {clicking like a mad-woman.} Both times I was using my pc. 
Xiphias [187717]

The game sends requests constantly and when clicking something multiple requests are made, do all of these count? For instance High Low makes around 200-240 requests just when loading the page. So if you have 2 tabs open and one of them loads High Low you will already reach the 250 requests limit.
Fluffybunnykins [427189]

I saw the captcha page twice when healing with SFAKs (requires 20 or so to get from 0 to full health)

The captchas themselves are getting more challenging than they used to be - some are very grainy low res footage :)
InkInkInkInk [350403]

I can trigger it just fine going through my inventory manually.

 

Happened twice to me in one minute just now, in fact, single tab, so inventory might be a good place to start.

 

Edit: In no certain order I went to my inventory, opened a med box, drank 22 beers, did a couple of warehouse arsons, went in to inventory, checked my drugs tab, switched to meds, filled some blood bags, and went to a couple of other category tabs a few times as I was switching between tasks.
Kitty420 [383500]

On android get that error when I log in or try to go to the forums. Also keep getting a 500 error when I flip between here and other apps.  I'm using the app. 
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

That is strange, I can't seem to replicate. Were you moving particularly quickly? Any actions specifically to recreate it?
WAGA [681394]

429 Error and a redirection to a Captcha straight after...

Taking SFAK's from a faction armory...?

PHP2, 12:43
Zaoshi [61399]

I got this yesterday 3 times and today 2 times so far.

Haven't done anything unusual - xanax, gym, beer, 4 nerve crimes, casino. In this workflow I got locked out twice today.

Screenshot (yesterday's): https://i.imgur.com/P5aWttd.png

(also captcha doesn't work, so I'm effectively locked out until whenever)
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Are you using any extensions? Something is making a crazy amount of requests to Torn from your IP, 250 per minute is pretty insane.
mikk [1771931]

I had to fill the CF captcha when i bought lottery tickets from the casino.
I got the 429 error and when i refreshed it directed me there!