Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Player 442782

Started by girlboss [2063545] on in General Discussion.

178 replies · 4.78k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 179 / 179 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
179
Discussion span
→
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
72 / 100
Engagement score
86 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

442782 [442782] ×5 Chedburn [1] ×1 Faction 9745 ×1 Faction 10850 ×1 Smokey123 [248901] ×1 Teutonic-Order [2040043] ×1 girlboss [2063545] ×1 Luces [2078338] ×1 Flak [2091491] ×1

girlboss [2063545]

Look I'm not one to whine about getting mugged or bounties because I get it's part of the game. So I'll apologize in advance if this comes off as a whine, really I just want people to be aware.

442782 is a super untrustworthy player.

Backstory: when I was a young sprout, only 15 or so days old on this site 442782, previous name Breezie (or something like that) married me.

Fast forward, oh about 7 months later. He asks to borrow some money, grand tales of growing our networth. We'd been married for so long, got along well over chat, I said sure. A few weeks later he says look at how much it's grown, and sure enough I can see his networth has gone way up. He says he could pay me back, or would I be cool enough to loan him some more. I did.

I'm dumb.

A few weeks after that I started asking for some of the money back for a DP, he ignores me. I plan to divorce him as soon as I get my money back because he hasn't helped pay PI upkeep (I rented) and he has ignored me.

I ask for my money back, mention nothing of divorce, just that I have friends who have offered to help me grow my own networth and that I'd like it back. He ignores me, and 2 days later divorces me, and changes his name.

I asked for my money back again. This time he responds and says he always planned to pay me back but it's in the bank and the 3 months doesn't end for another month.

A month goes by and I start asking again. This time he says he bet it all after pulling it out of the bank but lost. Now he has no money. Give me one more month he says. By Sept 1st I'll give you at least 150m.

On August 26th he tries small talk. I'm not for it. I just want my money. "Idk how much I'll be able to send you by August 1st. I will try my best though." He continually says August 1st instead of Sept, weirdly annoying.

His networth at that moment shows over 2b. He claims some friend is using his bank for interest. I don't really believe him, i truly believe he is just putting me off.

If I'm wrong and you're his friend, you're an idiot.

Says he will try to give me 50m by Sept 1st. That's 20% I should be happy. I think he is full of garbage. Tonight he starts calling me unfair and how it's not his fault. Guy is the worst.

Do I want my money back, uh yeah duh. But more importantly I want everyone to know what a garbage person he is as a player, and to not trust him with your money, or your PI, or anything really.
Claire [1971751]

So, what did you lose a couple hundred million, a billion? It's doesn't matter much on the long term. Almost all the players here have suffered a loss like this due to stupid decisions. It's not a big deal, just make sure you learned your lesson and move on. That's all we can do. Don't waste money or energy trying to fight this player in any way, it will only affect you.
Wollongong [12833]

100m may be little to you, but it clearly is much for threadstarter. Don't trivialize it. "Who has suffered the biggest loss" is not a race you want to start, or win.
shak [1592807]

Instead of creating a thread you could have added the id and a brief description to one of the scammer alert threads. At least now you know to not trust anyone in Torn, a lesson learned ….
oraN [1778676]

It’s sad to see you trusted someone and lost your cash. Always ask for collateral or don’t give away your cash and yeah sometimes you will also need interest free loans from your friends Always have the habit of giving them collateral. 

Never trust a stranger unless your ready to lose your cash. 
KarmaCop [365532]

You know what gave us all a good laugh? When you got your arse thrown in Fed.

Looking forward to more laughs in the future [:grin:]
442782 [442782]

This is really a unnecessary/pointless thread. It is a bit laughable. I understand the intention, but I have hardly played since 7 months ago, I have only recently started playing daily, and I do plan on paying her back.

"His networth at that moment shows over 2b. He claims some friend is using his bank for interest. I don't really believe him, i truly believe he is just putting me off." - This is true, and I'm not going to send her money that was sent to me to invest. When you subtract the investment worth from my networth, you see that I actually am hovering around the low 1m-10m range.

https://imgur.com/a/11fxvj4 
girlboss [2063545]

I know in the grand scheme of the game 275m is not a lot, but still annoying. I definitely learned my lesson on  trusting people.

Oh and just after I posted this last night he had these lovely comments:
442782: And clearly you're doing well for yourself, so, it really isn't pressing. But, I understand your frustration, I'd be frustrated too in your situation.
442782: Which is why I'm working to get your money back.
girlboss: Sure you are
442782: I am...
442782: Unless you don't want it back?
girlboss: Jerk, 100%
442782: No
 
Plus he has another new spouse. I warned his previous one so I'm hoping they left him, but I'm betting he has their money now too and did the divorcing

Mentions: 442782 [442782] · girlboss [2063545]

Nola [2103158]

You and I served together at UW (I was Freeway919 then). Sorry that this happened to you. I know how you feel. If you ever need someone to vent to, you know I had a similar issue with another player.
Greg_The_Bunny [1202310]

It really cracks me up that people think Marriage in this game means something, it does not its only for the merits, its basically a business arrangement.

Its actually quite easy, the spouce that does not own the island pays the upkeep for the benefits of the island, no money changes hands, and if they dont pay the upkeep you kick them to the curb. and most importantly the vault is NOT shared...

This is not a dating service.