Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn partners

Started by DrSlothMD [2131253] on in General Discussion.

19 replies · 353 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
17
Likes on archived posts
48
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

Most-liked replies

DrSlothMD [2131253]

So with the marriage system and all that jazz and seeing a few people extremely sad about break ups and being told they meant nothing. What do you expect of a Torn Wife or Husband? Hell I only talk to mine when they need money and when I tell people that they make it sound weird. Are we meant to form romantic bonds with these people? Share all our hopes and dreams? I just don't know aye.

Hell if we go to the forum posts looking for spouses the men want a companion where all you see is women wanting sugar daddies and to essentially he carried through a game that you have to make a path for yourself in. I understand Torn is a super onsided game in terms of gender but is that because we as men are too "needy"? Hell if anything it seems most men on here are their own Doctor from Doctor Who wanting a campion to travel space and time with.

I couldn't help but sit there and go "Hmm should partners be taken more seriously or just treated like I have been and have little to no contact and just be used when needing money."

If you don't want to read it then here is the discussion: What are the limits and seriousness should we treat our Torn partners?

One Love

Sloth

 
Pixie [1994432]

Psht husband shmusband.

Some people get very serious though and it is super cringey, but its the internet and we have all been cringey on here at one time or another.

I don't think I have been married on this account (or if I have they were supes forgettable) but I have had great torn hubbys in the past. Does it really matter as long as you are both the same level of cringe/friends/distant but friendly merit getters?

...Also if you are getting used it is because you let it happen. Take some responsibility champ.
undo [2090073]

MERITS!!!! 

PI with airstrip.

Yacht etc and vault access highly preferred.

My Torn hubby is awesome. :)

But seriously, you can be friends or online date people or w/e the heck you want without being married to them in Torn. And I've never seen my Torn husband as someone to ask for money from. I've had a negative vault balance of a few hundred grand a couple of times, but always repaid promptly. FWIW, if you're interested in an online relationship, being a money digger (or the person handing out copious amounts of cash) it's unlikely to be good for your relationship... though I guess some people like to think of themselves as a sugar daddy/momma, but, ime, good relationships are mostly based on treating each others with fairness and respect as equals etc. 
MACHINE-ERROR [2149902]

Today I got married and although a female was preferable I've married a lad as I only deem a spouse necessary for the merit anyway. I expect nothing from him and anything else gained from being a faux hubby is a bonus as long as it's adventagous for the both of us.

Besides, if I really want to pick up some sniz I'll do what any red blooded gentleman would do- hit the local RSL or Bowls Club and get me a Betty White type.

 

Edit: Woke up to a divorce this morning. Should I have tucked it back? 
TrollVader [2133899]

I only got involved in a marriage with mine cos I wanted to help him out early game. I generally don't give a shit , but he ain't taken the piss or anything(he didn't even touch the vault for weeks until I told him it was there for him to make use of too). besides I made sure it was someone in my faction because my faction is so awesome we help each other out, and if he did screw me over its not worth it for him.
LucyPanda [270111]

I'd say my marriage to Chit is the best so far, because we are good friends and not romantically involved. We have fun in the game and neither of us are worried about the other divorcing. I hope to get the last couple of merits with him.

If you are in it just for merits, you're best marrying someone who is going inactive, as they'll never leave you.

If you are wanting to become romantically involved with a person, expect the marriage to end if the relationship does and at least go into it with your eyes open.

Edit: A sentence didn't make any sense and I'm a bit anal retentive.
Isreal [1484253]

At this point i would have to go with treated like you have been with little to no contact and just be used when needing money </3
girlboss [2063545]

My first one was for merits and help with a PI. We became friendly, literally only friendly haha, but I made a mistake and he screwed me over

My new one was to help a new player out and get some help with PI upkeep. 

I think it's weird to get romantically involved with someone online that you haven't met in real life, but if that's someone else thing then to each their own lol
Alien [2052982]

It's a game do whatever brings you joy and makes you happy. That's kind of the point. Now if only I could convince mine to change their name to Evil-Lyn and tuck their penis I would be set.
rainbowsaurus [1884204]

I've formed a great bond with my torn spouse. He's just a cool guy and fun to talk with. And he respects and hits on my IRL spouse. Everyone's happy.
Hamr [2027992]

I opted to marry a faction member who needed a Private Island, but that didn't ask anything else of me. When they went inactive, I was perfectly fine with that as it just means free guaranteed merits.

Staff Edit - actually it is - so I think you should keep the side misogynist side commentary to a minimum.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

I have no issues with my spouse, and I have no issues with giving her anything she wants...

 

To each their own.