Is there a way to keep track of all deposits/withdraws done by you and your spouse in the property vault?
Vault record
Started by hannes3510 [2150804] on in API Development.
About this thread
Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 17
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 5
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 73 / 100
- Historical score
- 24 / 100
- Story score
- 34 / 100
- Engagement score
- 60 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Bug [1455582] Committee
· 1 likes ·
Not via the API, I guess an extension would work for this.. maybe it's something to suggest to Ched ^^
Is there a way to keep track of all deposits/withdraws done by you and your spouse in the property vault?
No. A least not that I know of.
Not via the API, I guess an extension would work for this.. maybe it's something to suggest to Ched ^^
I have a user script that extends the vault as much as it can, by remembering what it has seen (so if your spouse floods the vault with his/her own deposit/withdraws, you can still remember the withdraws and deposits made by you on your 1 computer running this script):
https://www.torn.com/forums.php?p=threads&f=67&t=16022206&b=0&a=0
Mentions: [Userscript] Vault History Expansion
there is an anti flooding method you can use where you lock your vault out of it so they cant use it.
I am maybe old school, but I care for my spouse, so I share also the vault with her.
And why would someone need to keep record of the vault balance if their spouse can't use it? Because in this case, all the money belongs to the property owner... ;-)
Kind regards,
Byrod
True nowadays people are more independent and are responsible for their own belongings and those who don't quite follow it would be in a pickle without some kind of addon (a lua script might be able to do it) or system in place to regulate it maybe an excel file might do the job.
Kindest Regards.
Xiba
I have made a quite simple app which I simply copy recent vault transactions and paste into the app which stores a sorts ownership of money either mine or my spouse
pictured here>> http://prntscr.com/kopvr6
I had to insist on my partner telling me when he deposit/withdrew money so I could update the info
if he was to make more than 10 transactions before I copied the new data then the system would be ****ed
I had to retrieve info from bugs forums when they change the text on the vault adding an extra space in the date
and I was thinking I messed up and missed days of recording when actually my app wasn't recording because of the changed format
since then I record even copy I make just in case something goes wrong http://prntscr.com/koq3w7
You are a bit harsh on your spouse. As long as you store all your own transactions, all you need to do now is take the current vault amount and subtract it by your known amount to get the amount your spouse has (or loans). Forget his/her transactions, just focus on watching yours. That way, if that 10 transactions did happen, you wouldn't be screwed (to finish later)
Would be great if there was just a longer history of it in the API and on the page for those that like to do things manually >.<
it would be a shame having such a beautiful tool and not being able to use it to its full potential, asking my spouse to message me does no harm and also keeps him in contact with me instead of going for weeks or months not saying a word
also can see exactly where the money are and how they are overdraw like my -13m in the picture above.
I was also making a faction vault app counting all money from crimes, deposits, withdrawals etc...., but it fell apart on me when I found my app was unable to download the temp_factiondonations.php
If there is a gap in memory, the program can automatically fill it with assumptions of your partner, keeping the tool beautiful (albeit in a condense format).
That's in API now though, wouldn't that make it easier if anything?
Whats in the API now ?
if... you read the quoted post....you'd see the link to temp_factiondonations... :P
oh ya, but we are getting off topic then, we need to talk about property vaults hehe
I didn't know they had added factions Donations to the API https://api.torn.com/faction/?selections=donations&key=
i have to get back to my faction APP