I'm a die-hard Fallout fan, I've played and beaten every since Fallout since the original. I'm actually super hype about Fallout 76, surprisingly. A lot of people are getting butthurt about "muh singl pleyer experience." First of all, you can opt into single player only, just stay offline. Second, it's 2018, it's called CHANGE. I think Fallout 76 (after all the launch day bugs are ironed out) will be a huge step in a good direction for the game, and opens up a realm of new possibilities for the franchise.
Fallout 76
Started by The_Bamboozler [2026089] on in Gaming.
About this thread
Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 20
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 12
- Likes on archived posts
- 17
- Authority score
- 9 / 100
- Historical score
- 15 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 61 / 100
Most-liked replies
- MachineGunSteve [184119]
· 5 likes ·
Sorry don't want change. I want to buy the game. Install it, and play it alone on my console. I don't want to interact with 12 year olds. All I want to do is roam around exploring and killing shit … - Judge_Doom [2140277]
· 3 likes ·
I'm more worried about it not being on STEAM (losing the modding community). I was also a huge fan of Elder Scrolls but Elder Scrolls Online was terrible in my opinion. Sometimes companies that make great single player games aren't … - The_Bamboozler [2026089]
· 3 likes ·
ESO is pretty trash, but mainly because it's a near copy/paste of World of Warcraft. Modding needs to be highly restricted because you don't want some asshat coming in with a bottomless clip MIRV.
I'm a die-hard Fallout fan, I've played and beaten every since Fallout since the original. I'm actually super hype about Fallout 76, surprisingly. A lot of people are getting butthurt about "muh singl pleyer experience." First of all, you can opt into single player only, just stay offline. Second, it's 2018, it's called CHANGE. I think Fallout 76 (after all the launch day bugs are ironed out) will be a huge step in a good direction for the game, and opens up a realm of new possibilities for the franchise.
I'm more worried about it not being on STEAM (losing the modding community). I was also a huge fan of Elder Scrolls but Elder Scrolls Online was terrible in my opinion. Sometimes companies that make great single player games aren't cut out for the multiplayer world. Bethesda isn't known for making multiplayer games. So no one really knows what to expect.
ESO is pretty trash, but mainly because it's a near copy/paste of World of Warcraft. Modding needs to be highly restricted because you don't want some asshat coming in with a bottomless clip MIRV.
A bottomless clip would be more of a hack. I'm talking along the lines of the community creating their own quest lines or making visual improvements, weather tweaks, new radio stations, strange NPCs in the world or just some good quality of life mods
Well steam mods for Bathesda games are a minority anyway. Nexus usually holds most of the stuff anyway including the ones on steam (or loverslab if you are a perverted fellow).
With that said, having the online component i don't think there will be much modding allowed, regardless of were you could find them, and that is a shame. Skyrim wouldn't be 1/5 of the fun it was for me without mods. Fallout 4 never convinced me all that much since i suck at fps's but still i have more Gb's in mods on it than the base game.
With that said, and while sad about the likelihood of mods lacking on Fallout 76, i will probably still give it a go... How long will i stay hooked is the question, wouldn't be the first game i got and spent 5h or so in total playing...
On a side note, as a 12 year WoW player, ESO is not all that bad, but it does glue itself to the other pre-existing games of the same genre (WoW included) and lacks a lot of the interaction that you had in ES (ability to move stuff around open every door every chest every drawer), that was in fact what made it different. Hence the feeling it is lacking something.
I've been a Fallout fan since high school but I'm not digging the multiplayer aspect. But, still, can't judge before, right?
I'm aiming for a private server when it comes out, which should hopefully reduce having to deal with most people that'd ruin the game.
I still havent played fallout 4 even thougt i bought it months ago..doh
The graphics look sick. Seems a lot of people worried its gonna be trash though.
The price is crap
Sorry don't want change. I want to buy the game. Install it, and play it alone on my console. I don't want to interact with 12 year olds. All I want to do is roam around exploring and killing shit all by myself.
Sure, change is great... unless it isn't.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/p/tera-founders-pack-ultimate/c2njffhx7bnb
Before it was removed the price for this was insane. And it's solely digital.
[image: i.gyazo.com]
The latest Assassins Creed is also a $160 AUD digital edition found here. It's beyond ridiculous.
All of this said, at least Bethesda isn't doing pre-order exclusive content, everything you get in the Tricentennial edition can be unlocked in the vanilla game.
Well atm its €34.19 on CDKeys or €48.99 for the Tricentennial Edition, so wouldn't say its all that expensive.
Never had any issue with them, so will likely order from there eventually.
itll be a name recognition cash grab most likely.
just my opinion based on the crap AAA titles released on the regular in todays gaming environment
You could be right, but I think I read somewhere that there won't be any micro transactions present in the game (don't quote me on that tho).
I'm ok with micro transactions, as long as its cosmetic only stuff. ESO has it, and Fallout 4 also, so i wouldn't bet on 76 not having them. Might not start with them, like 4 did, but still...
I do have to agree with most AAA releases recently being utter crap though. Haven't seen that many worth wasting my cash on, and those that i think do end up being an utter disappointment... I think i acquired about 100? or so games this year (most in bundles or with huge discounts), and a huge chunk of them AAA from the last couple of years, still i ended up going back to World of Warcraft that i had played for over 12 years and couldn't stand a couple of months ago... That's how bad recent games are...
I am unbelievably excited. Prefer the single player normally but whatever happens I’ll still enjoy it no doubt.
Be fun teaming up with friends to take down some mad enemies though I expect.
Teaming up in the wasteland has been a dream of mine for years now, ever since Fallout 3
I am very excited for the game,nive preordered and everything
I want to preorder it, but alas I am a broke college student
Behemoths and mirelurk queens, beefed up and taken down by teams of 4 would be so fun!