Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

City Map Bug

Started by The_Healer [1787515] on in Bugs & Issues.

8 replies · 106 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
The_Healer [1787515]

 

Full territory view is currently disabled. Only your faction's territory and in the immediate vicinity are being shown on the map. Enabling full territory will download (2.75mb) and display the full territorial map.

If I turn that on.The page becomes stuck, and torn become unresponsive. The only thing I can do is open another tab and close that tab or close the window.

If I try and go back to city while the setting is still on. It still stays unresponsive. I have to clear browser history and cache which disable the Full territory view but if I turn it on again, same problem where torn becomes unresponsive.

Win 7

Latest Firefox 62.0, problem on 32 bit and 64 bit Firefox

No Scripts/Addon

I tested it on Chrome and there is no problem so it looks like it a firefox issue.

 
SuicideTree [2131931]

Exactly the same issue with firefox 62 64bit. Chrome is working fine. However for me the only solution is to restart firefox, otherwise all tabs (even those not yet restored/loaded after a previous browser restart) from torn.com simply refuse to load and are stuck with the firefox "restoring/loading" circle in the center of the page.
pubdles [2164930]

per the other thread I accidently made.



Hi there,

I have had a bug, which I was able to reproduce on Firefox Quantum 62.

When I selected the city screen, switched to map, and enabled full territory mode, it hitches up indefinitely. I have to close firefox, resign in and then I can play again.

I have tried turning off full territory mode with the ~1 second I have before the browser freezes, but it reverts when I relog in afterwords. I have deleted all cookies, and the problem persists. The only thing I can do is switch it back to quick links, and the game operates fine.

I was not able to reproduce this error using Microsoft Edge.

https://i.imgur.com/lYTC2ql.png

https://i.imgur.com/MxuFu6J.png

 
Kopites [1701371] Admin Staff

It looks like firefox started to work bad with svg shapes. It's firefox issue as I did not change map system and there is no error. Hope, they'll fix it soon.