21 replies · 270 views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Kayla[2031661]
· 3 likes · There's no script. You're just unlucky. This isn't out of the norm, no bug here.
MikePence[2029670]
· 3 likes · I guess we can call this the File Drawer Problem All the people who go on huge losing streaks post in the forums, all the people who go on what you think of standard streaks don't, so you end up …
oraN[1778676]
· 2 likes · I have seen a friend of mine lose over 20 times effectively bringing his networth from 12b to 64m oh well I have also seen him take his networh from 3b to 12b in matter of 3days. When is saw …
My apologies if this is out of line in this forum, could be I'm just a little annoyed about my losses, in which case, if this is a normal execution of your algorithm i'll accept it easily, but what is up with this line of losses in RR?
I thought this was the one casino game that wasn't rigged? How am I losing to the same guy so many times in mere minutes? Is there some kind of script floating around that i dont know about?
All the people who go on huge losing streaks post in the forums, all the people who go on what you think of standard streaks don't, so you end up seeing only the extreme side of things lol
is yer foot okay tho? fr i never got my pegleg blasted that many times.. like screw the green papers, but if my pegleg, or my other leg had that many holes in it... geez...
I have seen a friend of mine lose over 20 times effectively bringing his networth from 12b to 64m oh well I have also seen him take his networh from 3b to 12b in matter of 3days. When is saw he hit 10b I just asked him to control his gambling as the outcome is either 1 or 0 and zero would mean losing it all. But you know he never listened.
I also used to gamble before but more recently like 3 months ago I stopped cause I realized the house always wins and I’m very bad. I played poker once and I did win 10m but I have to attribute it to my luck as I just clicked the buttons on random xD
the losses aren't so much my issue, as it is the losses to the same person. (well, yeah i dont want to lose all my moneys of course). But if this is in the norm, then no worries, apologies for the whining about not winning.
I try to aim for the same hole each time to minimize the damage Pirate.
Random events tend to occur in clusters - it's called "Poisson clumping" by statisticians. Perfectly normal - in fact, it would be very odd and seemingly artificial if you won every second time you played a 50/50 game of chance.
Interesting point, and you're right. There are mechanics in RR that change the odds. All the same, my point was a general one. Statistical events tend to clump, and no one should be too surprised when they lose several games in a row.