Hello! You've triggered a 30 requests per second rate limit on TORN. If you believe you were using the site as normal, please create a bug report (in the Bugs & Issues forum) explaining exactly what you were doing when this appeared and we'll try to resolve it. The limit will be lifted in 60 seconds. Thank you.
i was exchanging sets, i do at least 3 per second. Please lift the limit from museum. perhaps increase it to 180 per minute or something
Fortunately this will no longer be an issue Soon, when the exchange all button is added.
I had it too when I was choosing targets, ended up in the hospital after 60 seconds, I tried too chose them not too fast and opened about 10 targets. When I took my last meds to get out of the hospital the message came up
Just had the same error. Literally all I did was open my browser click on elimination then click to see what my drug cool down was
And again, when I took my last meds again, the moment I came out of the hospital, of course when back was there again. Like this I can't play in the competition.
To add:
Using Firefox on Windows 10 pc
Related:
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16057502&b=0&a=0Ched has commented in that thread. I wish testing this feature didn't overlap with Elimination though.
OT - I got it too, while opening approximately 15 tabs with targets.
Mentions:
receiving this error
Got same issue while using sfaks o.O
It's especially aggravating that it does usually pop up right after medding out, making me a free hit and unable to even connect to the site to protect myself in any way.
Yes, and I had it two times in a row killing my med cooldown and two tickets, in 60 secs I'm already back in the hospital when normally I can do at least 2-3 hits
i get it, there's gonna be a Button, But please don't penalize us till then.
Thanks for letting us know. I think this is an acceptable rate limit that only appears in extreme cases, so we'll change it over now to a browser check rather than a 60 second block.
To say, I turned off Greasemonkey, tested and didn't have it again. Don't know if that is just coincidence.
Just opened the app on my phone and it popped up,stuck in hospital so it didn't affect me man
Only with one tab opened?
Could you explain what the difference will be with a browser check instead of the block?
Could you explain what that button will do, and how it would mitigate this issue?
Right now, to exchange sets in a museum, you have to do it one set at a time, clicking the exchange button. If you have 1000 sets, that's 1000 clicks, where you'll just be clicking like crazy trying to get through them all. That's 1000 requests to Torn, and with OP exchanging at least 3 sets per second, I can see why it flagged him for making too many requests.
Soon there will be a button to just exchange all, instead of one at a time. That's one click, and one request. Much easier on the clicky finger.
Ah. Thanks, I had skimmed over the OP's mention of exchanging sets, so I hadn't seen the connection.
Having same issue,dont have any extensions or add-ons for torn but run ad-blocker. opened 15 or so profiles for war and each one turned into the made more requests than w/e error. odd thing was they didnt all turn at once. but it was in the same time order that i had opened the pages, so a group of 4 went, from left to right, then ~6 seconds which would be opening next list of 25 ppl, then 5 more ppl, repeat steps for a few more pages.
https://imgur.com/a/N6Q7fX5
some extra info - after i noticed the first few pages were turning into this error, i went to one that hadnt swapped yet and could still type into chat - ask if anyone else was having the error, they replied no. also the timing for 60 seconds of being blocked seemed to not be 60 seconds but more or less. didnt get to test that part.