Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

True level spy

Started by Mrmarbles [2144076] on in Questions & Answers.

7 replies · 186 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
13
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mrmarbles [2144076]

Just looking to gather some information as I've noticed a lack of posts on the subject (please feel free to correct me and link to any previous posts).

What would be your personal reasoning for using one? (knowing what you're up against, sheer curiosity, etc...)

I could imagine that most interest comes from level holders, but the lack of info is why I'm interested.  

Also, if you have used/purchased/been interested in one, what have you or would you value the service at? 
SeaLion [250755]

The only interested party is the holder themselves. Stat spies are much cheaper. 1-1.5M versus the 25-30M for a true level spy. 
Michi [1922819]

Candle shop people want at least 50mil but I've seen people trying to sell for higher and lower.

Reason why is usually because curiosity or if someone is level holding because of stats they may want to be sure they have caught up with their level enough before they upgrade.

 

Edit: if anyone wants to debate the price, when I was in a candle shop I was actually told don't sell for under 50 mil ...shhh I never said this.
Delta [2049998]

Since the 7* Candle shop special is energy those 250 points for the special actually translate directly into energy. This is why the cost of it is so high, any candle shop employees want a fair amount of money for the energy that they are giving up.
Josephine [1923258] Wiki Contributor

Meh. I had a friend in Candle Shop who took items as payment for true level spies(usually DPs to maintain his donator status, which seems like a decent reason to use the special for money), so thankfully I never had to deal with the prices most of the time, but I have heard the 50m claim. 2m/day at 10* on a candle shop basically makes it almost like a mid tier TV or something in terms of pay, though comparing the 10* specials of both as an example wouldn't really be fair. 

#worth every penny though. If I someday eventually have to buy from a stranger, 50m is a fair price.

True level August 9, 2015 - 20
True level August 9, 2016 - 43
True level December 22, 2016 - 50
True level August 9, 2017 - 64
True level November 29, 2017 - 72
True level January 31, 2018 - 79
True level April 22, 2018 - 85
True level August 9, 2018 - 90
True level September 16, 2018 - 92