Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

My favorite patch update

Started by Onomotopoeia [2108050] on in General Discussion.

12 replies · 453 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
52
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

Most-liked replies

Onomotopoeia [2108050]

Patch list

A list of all updates released between the dates of 02/10/2018 and 09/10/2018.

- Added inactive faction members to chain reports, highlighted by a red background color

I for one am very glad to see this assuming this works how i'm hoping and by inactive they mean did not login and not did not participate. 

Finally make it easy to see the dead weight 

What will you do with your slackers?

 

Edit: this update is garbage its just showing who did not hit we could already see this. I thought this would show who logged in and still didnt hit. this was pointless
oraN [1778676]

Hmm If they went inactive there must be a good reason idk give them 2 weeks time to return to the game if they don’t then kick them

Theres nothing much that can be done about slackers 

 
Onomotopoeia [2108050]

so i looked its highlighting old reports but its pointless it literally just shows zero attacks I didnt need highlights for that. I thought it was going to point out who never even came online for the chain...garbage
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Have you looked at a recent chain? It shows all faction members even if they didn't participate in the chain - exactly what was suggested by players.
Onomotopoeia [2108050]

My word choice above is very poor. Still, I was expecting something that would point out who came online and chose not to participate

Instead its highlights its not a bad change in itself but its a far cry from what I was expecting based on my clearly incorrect interpretation of the patch notes.

Had I understood I would not have been so disappointed. Had little to do with the actual functionality. Highlights are easier was just not my interpretation and in comparison very underwhelming.
Kayla [2031661]

I'm very glad to see this change. Now I can see at a glance who didn't take part in a chain. As a leader of a faction that regularly chains this is much appreciated. We still track hits on a separate spreadsheet anyway but this makes it easier to do so. 
ElChapo [2157516]

It was frustrating during Elimination - where so many players were just dead weight.

It's even worse when in a faction and they do this when it comes to chaining, so always good to see it highlighted.Talk about leeching, I'm glad it gets spotted better now.
manic [1554958]

Nice patch re indicators for dead weights in factions.

I imagine though a lot of faction's screen resemble a sink after a 13 year has tried to dye their hair with a bottle of 'nose bleed' crimson..

Rather red...
hologram [1962522]

Is this update suppose to show people who weren't in the faction at the start of the chain as making 0 hits to that chain? I wasn't in my faction during Elimination and I'm on the reports during that time as making 0 hits along with others who also weren't there. Looking back at our last big chain reports (beginning of Sept), members who have only recently joined our faction for the first time (as in, not a returning member like myself) are shown on those reports as being inactive.

I would think that faction leaders are going to use this as a way to gauge member participation in a chain. They will likely kick those who continue to show to be inactive during multiple chaining sessions, looking back at older reports for this information. I think adding the extra step of confirming who was actually in the faction at the start of the chain seems like more work than it should be.

TL;DR Shouldn't this new feature just highlight who was in the faction at the start of the chain and didn't make hits?
deft [979003]

No, but with your name it makes sense considering pink is a shade of red and you're one of the most negative on here.