It seems to me that black jack is rigged after a certain amount of wins. Does anyone have the same issue? RNG isn't so random in my opinion.
Black Jack
Started by Exitbag [2174445] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 17
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 13
- Likes on archived posts
- 18
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 61 / 100
It seems to me that black jack is rigged after a certain amount of wins. Does anyone have the same issue? RNG isn't so random in my opinion.
I feel the same way about arsons, I've had around 4 hospital visits in 3 days, bloody hell!
I think so
I can confidently say it's not rigged. You have to be patient and play the odds. I still wanna rage at the game and call CHEATER! when the dealer pushes a Natural against my Natural, then another, then another, then I get a soft 21 and the dealer gets a 5 card charlie. It can be infuriating!
I use a progressive betting strategy. It's a slog, it doesn't turn a huge profit, and it's not an exact science, but it works. I stop when I've got about 10 casino tokens left, just in case I don't win the next 10 bets. Most (yes, most) of the time I come out ahead and have lost no money.
Casino tokens are a free resource I can waste on bullshit gambling, or turn them into cash using this method.
I always end up losing in black jack. At first, you will win a few rounds and then all went to drain. So I stopped playing black.jack..but well I duno how to gamble so I think.it makes sense that I keep losing..
When the computer draws a 10 or ace you can stake your life on it they are about to turn over another 10. Other than that it seems pretty fair to me.
Everything is rigged.
hmm game that casinos have been making tons of money off of for years ... I doubt it is rigged
I use a similar method and tend to (not always) come out about 5-10m in winnings per day, its not a glamourous amount but it certainly adds up
those arent so much RNG its based on how high your crime level is and what you NNB is
For instance when you first start youll be jailed nearly everytime you steal a jacket but by now you will never get caught
Just keep working on getting a higher nerve bar because the higher it is the better the chances are at completing the higher nerve crimes
Now if i were reallllyyyy douchy... I'd rig it, but only for people who donate real money to the game. After all, it is those people you want to lose cash if it means they will put more in. Anyone who doesn't donate real cash is someone you don't want to lose to the casino as it means the game loses a player.... Just saying, but i would see great logic in selectively rigging it for certain players.
Same with RR, bend that in favor of the ones who lose to gambling often....
Helps level out the richer players, yet looks fair as there is always a winner for every loser....
Just thoughts, But it'd certainly improve profit margins from a business perspective, Whilst protecting user numbers
That's the sort of thing that if found out would completely ruin all respect and credibility of the game though. I'd imagine not the smartest business model
"If found out" ,
But as the stats on average would be identical to what you'd expect, then it would be easy to prove that the game is fair by taking data from an average group.
Imagine 6 people rolling a dice, 1 person never gets a 1 , the second person never gets a 2, 3rd never gets a 3 etc etc..... clearly rigged, but when you look at all the data it says the dice behave normally, with all numbers appearing the expected amounts of times
EDIT- Just to clarify, i'm not saying i think they do this, To me, most things seem fair, or mildly rigged at best. Just entertaining the ideas of what could be done.
[WhingeMode=ON]
Shuffling after each play round nuked it for me. I used to play a lot of card games like Bridge that required you to count cards and fill in the holes in suits. Hence you can make increasingly accurate guesses at what the next few cards will be. If the dealer doesn't shuffle the decks at all, then the sequences become more-or-less fixed and card-counting becomes very profitable. At least for a short while.
Shuffling each time basically takes all the skill out of the game: the odds are fixed as to what the distribution of remaining cards may be because the pool of cards already played is too small. You may get the odd big win if you get two aces, say, but you'll never make a consistent amount of money out of it.
[WhingeMode=OFF]
Otherwise, it's fine...[:smiley:]
Perception vs reality!
I'm a flawed human that's compelled to lean toward RIGGED when I see so many convenient wins by the dealer. But do I give my small victories the same weight in my knee-jerk analysis? No, I just feel smug internally for a brief moment and bet again. At the end of the casino tokens I'm ahead and have lost no money, in most cases, in spite of my bias.
However, there's the issue of true randomness in software. I recall reading somewhere that true randomness cannot be created with computer programming. Perhaps it can be done with a quantum computer? I digress...
Truly random numbers are almost impossible with a computer. That's true. You need the computer hooked up to something else to get that. For example, random.org uses atmospheric noise to come up with true random numbers.
But this is irrelevant to being able to shuffle a deck of cards in a random manner, and has nothing to do with blackjack in Torn being rigged or not rigged.
Personally, I see no reason for it to be rigged. Casino's have been making money on blackjack for a very long time.
More musings...
It's also important to remember that 30% of the cards are worth 10. If you include Nines the odds get even better, or worse, depending on the hand.
In Torn Blackjack, at a minimum, there are 3 face up cards on the table. Let's say they're each worth 10. The odds of the dealer getting 18, 19, or 20 are on the verge of 50/50. You may still win but you see how close the dealer can get to pushing or winning. If you count Aces the odds get even better for the dealer!
Gambling with expectations is self-delusion!
Bad experiences of the past imprinted on my brain tell me that if I hit on 12, I'll be dealt a 10. Seemingly almost every time, almost without fail... Except when it fails and I don't get a 10. What does it mean? It means the odds of being dealt 10 are roughly 1-in-3. I play using Blackjack best practices, and some risky business when it "feels" right. Still, that feeling is an expectation, and having expectations in gambling is self-delusion.
I surmise if I were to keep a log of each game, I would find that there's a lot less evidence to support my expectations. It would probably show a fairly even spread of card combos that both meet and fail my expectations.