I love this game, log on every day multiple times, are there any other good games out there like torn.
About this thread
Posts archived: 43 / 43 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 43
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 11 / 100
- Historical score
- 22 / 100
- Story score
- 47 / 100
- Engagement score
- 75 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- anyx [2177927]
· 9 likes ·
I used to play a text-based MMORPG called Hacker Forever. It used to be so lit and there were always clan wars happening, and you had to the best of the best to make it. But unfortunately, that game died … - A_Crazy_Man [524028]
· 7 likes ·
Used to be loads mate and I will not mention the names as a forum ban isn't worth it. The text based games exploded on 2001 and pretty much died off in 2008. This game is still alive so IMHO … - Hemorrhoid [1969864]
· 7 likes ·
Advertising - Promoting irrelevant content / products or requesting that others signup to other games / services / websites. Torn related advertising should be made in the appropriate areas. This is the only rule that could apply here, as far …
I love this game, log on every day multiple times, are there any other good games out there like torn.
Used to be loads mate and I will not mention the names as a forum ban isn't worth it.
The text based games exploded on 2001 and pretty much died off in 2008.
This game is still alive so IMHO roll with it mate.
oh i will not be leaving torn any time. And is that really gonna get a forum ban? mentioning another game in a forum about gaming...
I think you can talk about similar games, just don't post links.
Advertising - Promoting irrelevant content / products or requesting that others signup to other games / services / websites. Torn related advertising should be made in the appropriate areas.
This is the only rule that could apply here, as far as my comprehension of the rules goes. So dont post links or try to get someone to sign up and you should be fine. No harm in discussion. =]
I used to play a game called Samurai of Legend a long time ago. It was extremely similar to torn, though they did a lot of changes that I didnt quite agree with so I eventually lost interest. Torns been the best text based game that Ive found.
OMG Hemorrhoid...at least warn us with a spoiler alert if you quote something some of us have never read!
sidebaredit: That rules tag is still flashing on my sidebar. I haven't read it yet.
I used to play a text-based MMORPG called Hacker Forever. It used to be so lit and there were always clan wars happening, and you had to the best of the best to make it. But unfortunately, that game died a long time ago. I recently visited the site to see if people were still kicking, and its literally a ghost town over there. Torn is much better to me now, but I cant help but remember the awesome times when I was 12 staying up all night DDOSing other members while chatting it up with the clan mates.
Anyways yeah dont ban me... I just wanted to reply to this thread with some meaningful information :D
Thanks H for the quote, I wasn't super sure about the rules.
I used to smash Dopewars Online, Punch Me and Vile City along with many others, I doubt they are still running nowadays as all the text based games went to apps? Meh I dunno and neither do I care, TC has worked ok-ish for the last 10-odd years and seems to be getting better IMHO.
"Used to be loads"
God, this is the sad kind of nostalgia here. So glad Torn never died.
Another player and myself tried doing a couple of tc clones. The first one was a fail because we were just learning how to program and use the control panel for the servers.
The 2nd was better because I got laid off from my rl job. I started learning php and html. That was fun for 8-10 months until I got a new job and neglected taking care of stuff.My friend ended up selling the game for a small profit that almost covered the cost of the first game.
There is still a few around, but the age of text based MMORPGs is long gone.
The ones that do still live are either for having a great community or because players have put so much work that cant find it in themselves to quit.
You can find a few here. Oddly enough Torn doesn't figure there, but then again torn doesn't even have a Wikipedia entry even though it has more active players than many of those.
i think we found the guy behind the DDOS attacks... :P
I'm just arriving here from another browser based multiplayer game which I love, more political, strategy warfare, team work, roleplaying environment than it seems this one is. Called battlemaster (domain is dot org). Been around since the 2000s as well. Medieval setting, two turns per day... It's where I got this link.
Another one is Renaissance Kingdoms, has a bit more graphics but still pretty basic...
Do these games have "the bookies" if not I'm not interested lol.
What's the bookies?
betting on sporting events in the casino
Who remembers Dead Awaken?
Naming it by name because it's dead and not a competitor
Then no. They are more immersive I think. No connections to real life. Also both are free to play.
tried to sign up for one of these games and they cannot create account on hotmail emails. soooo guess im not playing that.
People still use hotmail? :D Even my gaming accounts are gmail :D