Anyone played the B.E.T.A.? If so, what'd you think? What could be fixed? What should be removed? Is there anything you would add?
If you played on PS4 and are looking for someone to play with, feel free to message me, see you guys in the wasteland!
Plenty has been fixed, the game was in a right state before the beta. I'll see you in various wastelands my dear ginger haired friend.
Well, it's out, anyone playing it? What do you think about it?
I'm still undecided on whether to buy it or not...
Same but tbh I’ll likely buy it before the weekend
Beat you to it. Got it already. To me its pretty much Fallout 4 with other ppl around.
So far ppl either work together or simply avoid each other, not much pvp going on, so works out fine for me.
Haven't tried building stuff yet, just some crafting a few quests / events and exploring...
So far seems pretty decent.
So 40+ GB game download, and now a 99GB download to patch...
Hopefully you have a robust and unlimited internet connection.
Downloaded the whole thing 2 days ago, 45GB and no patches till now.
Nor have i read anything about a 99GB patch anywhere on any platform...
somewhat correct. I meant the game total after update. That figure is actually 97GB total after the 52GB update.
Don't forget to buy your Fallout 76 Stainless Steel Water Bottle and 2019 Calendar.
/s
Well if you play a beta, you kind of expect the game to be patched before the release. That's kind of the point of the thing.
Still the what everyone who got it after the release downloaded was 45GB, so i assume that that patch was basically the whole game again.
Anyways, compared to the 120GB of Me - Shadows of War or 163GB of ARK:Survival Evolved, this is just peanuts.
The biggest issue with a 99GB patch for most (if it did happen) would actually be the 3-4h without playing while downloading, not the size. (for the ones on the PC at least)
It’s what Elder Scrolls Online is to Skyrim. A large,(and largely empty), uninspiring world.
I can download at about a rate of 2GB/Hr. Thankfully I have unlimited. Not everyone does. I'm not really online much if I'm downloading as even news websites are choked.
At that rate i can see it being an issue yes. Hopefully i cant complain about mine even though i live on an island my internet is prety decent, and here no providers even have limited internet anymore, only the mobile ones.
Took me about 4h to download ark on Steam, so that would be around 30GB per hour i guess. There used to be a priority system were the more you dowloaded the less priority you would get when the network was Crowded, but that was deemed ilegal a while back and removed.
I still get ocasional bad speeds between 18 and 22h but otherwise its fine.
Anyway, there os suposed to be another big update tomorow on it. No clue on how many GB, but they sure do have alot of stuff to fix.
The one thing that really annoys me in the game, is the no text chat option... So since i dont like talking to ppl, i'm just doing everything solo...
Please don't tell me it's some tropical paradise island
Cause then I'll be a little depressed. I am unaware of any providers in Canada that **Don't** have some form of cap on your internet - Mine gets throttled to uselessness at 500gigs in a month.
I definitely want to buy this - Shouldn't as I'm so behind on bills, but want to. I wanna role play as the mysterious stranger and pop up behind noobs >:)
Well just last week i downloaded 1.5TB from Steam alone plus another 300GB from battlenet and 200ish from origin and fallout from bathesda. (Got a new external hard drive only for my games and been filling it up).
So yeah internet is quite acceptable around here.
As for the tropical island, no, we do have a temperatura that fluctuates between 14ºc and 30ºc year round, but not a single natural yellow sand beach here, most are rocks even. Its good for nature walks, but no tropical paradise for sure.
Also i have played quite a few hours, and almost no One engages in PvP. Ppl just respawn a few meters away with all their guns, and get a reward from killing the atacker... Its really mostly a co oportunidade kind of thing.
If my base deletes itself one more time in a kms
Off topic response to your 3rd paragraph...
Sounds like paradise to me. No tourists.
You would think, but no, we are full of them none the less. The pasty white northerners and British on their 60's see this as their paradise.
He have stuff like this instead of sand beaches:
[image: photos.smugmug.com] @CryoCrush, rare is the time my camp is still up when i relog. I almost always have to redo it all again every time i log.
Oh, my. I can see myself riding my mountain bike there to watch the sunset.
A couple of beers and a joint and I would be in heaven.
There are a few mountain bike trails, but not really that many ppl doing it around here. Might have to do with the cliffs everywhere, and with the fact that you need one car on the start of the train and one at the end, otherwise you are screwed.