Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Unrelenting stakeout - leader fedded

Started by Champion [1927067] on in Faction Discussion.

260 replies · 5.83k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 261 / 261 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Ninivah [1950421]

I've never met Zahid but one time I had the chance to and didn't. It's been the biggest regret of my life. I remember that fatal day so clearly it's as though I'm still living it. 

It happened in my 3rd year of high school. It was 3:15pm and the bell had just rung for everyone to go home but before we could leave the campus, everyone was summoned to have a special assembly. The buses were instructed to wait and all afternoon clubs were cancelled. 

The assembly itself didn't last long as the principal only needed to say a few short words.

"He is coming on the morrow. Go home and prepare."

I remember those words because they have been seared into my heart. Despite not knowing who "He" was it was as though something in me recognised a beautiful truth that couldn't be denied. I remained in my seat for hours, crying. I lost track of the time but I remember that the sun had already set by the time I reached home.

I ironed my cleanest uniform and shined my shoes. I was so excited I forgot to eat dinner. I went straight to bed, wishing that tomorrow could come sooner.

The next day I woke at the crack of dawn. I skipped breakfast and left for school. It was so early that the sun had not risen as yet. In fact, instead of the roosters waking me, I woke them up that morning with my terrible singing. I was so excited and evidently so was half of the student population who, was already at the gates, waiting to be let in.

This is where the story gets dark. Where I made my fatal error and the downfall that came after all.

Remember when I said I missed dinner and breakfast? Well I forgot to mention one thing, I'm diabetic. It's not severe enough for me to need an insulin pump. In fact, if I eat well and often enough, I can regulate my blood sugar just fine without medicine. But that's just the thing, I hadn't been eating. I had been running on adrenaline fueled by excitement and though the excitement was still there, my body was starting to come down off the adrenaline. Hard.

I began to feel very lightheaded, as though I was going to faint. Black spots danced in my vision.  I was pretty sure that if I didn't get something to eat I would slip into a diabetic coma and die, then and there. Despair began to fill me at the thought of dying before meeting the "He" who I had by then learnt was actually named Zahid.

I began to wonder, Would God let me into heaven if I told him I never got to meet Zahid?

As if sensing my panic, my friend turned towards me. She knew me well enough know of my situation and handed me a candy bar. It was a Kit Kat. Apparently she hadn't been eating or sleeping and she had brought food for the road.

I thanked her fervently and began chomping down on the Kit Kat. I'm ashamed to say that I was so relieved that I forgot myself for a moment. I lost awareness of my surroundings. One minute I was about to die and next thing I knew was someone was asking me to relinquish my Kit Kat but I had already scoffed all of it down.

A shiver of foreboding runs down my spine every time I think of that moment because I know exactly what happened next and I hate myself for my folly.

Apparently Zahid had an extremely keen sense of smell and an insatiable sweet tooth. He smelt my Kit Kat bar the minute he walked on my campus and demanded it. By the time I was tracked, I had already eaten my candy bar and that pleased no one, most importantly Zahid who hated being denied.

In a fit of rage, Zahid re-entered his limo and left. He left not just my school, but my island. Our then Chief Minister tried to apologised and offered him all the candy on the island but that was not enough to appease Zahid. He left anyways, breaking thousands of hearts.

Everyone turned their anger and hostility towards me and I became an outcast. I lost all my friends and no one at school would talk to me anymore. I was banned from most business places and the ones that allowed me in wouldn't sell me any candy, period. My family had been banned from buying sweets as everyone was concerned they would take some home to me. My family remained polite to me but they were cold and distant otherwise. 

No one would give me a break.

I was alone but I endured. With time, some people began to warm up to me again but things were never the same. I could still see their hate in their eyes. Some people still continue to hate me and make no effort to hide it.

After high school I got a job and a credit card. I thought at long last I would be able to remove the shackles of oppression impressed upon me as I could now order candy from Amazon. I did just thst with mu first paycheck but when I went to collect my candy from Customs, I was informed it was confiscated. I tried a few more times after but the same thing kept happening.

The last time I ordered candy, Amazon wrote back to me, threatening to report my card as stolen if I didn't stop using their services. They also informed me that they could be writing to eBay and several candy companies around the world. Evidently, to live without sweets is the sentence I've been given for the grave offence of denying Zahid. To further cement this, my government is now in the midst of passing a law to make it a jailable offence to give me any sweets. Also, a stamp has been added to my passport to inform people of what I have done and I've been added to the no fly list of several nations.

My life hell.

And I'm so sorry for any harm I've done to you, Zahid.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

You sent a Big Box of Chocolate Bars to Ninivah with the message: You poor little soul :(
Trainee [2181400] Wiki Contributor

Hello all,

As this thread has attracted quite a bit of traction I feel the need to address this and I grant that not everyone is going to be happy with my answer, people are out for blood due to personal feelings or just karma, plenty of others don't care, a lot will be hating on multi hunter but my conclusions are separate to all of these points. Whilst I do not believe every action I or staff take will need to require a post on my part or theirs, I want to address this here to avoid further speculation and off topic discussion. 

Over quite literally 2 full days of going through every scrap of evidence that I could come across I have decided to release those in question connected to this case. I have addressed each user and they are welcome to message me if they have any further queries.

I have concluded that, due to a number of suspicious circumstances, this was a false positive on our multi-hunter system and have given benefit of the doubt in this present case. The only one I would say I have come across in my short time here so far (Which even at that would make the chance of a false positive less than 1%). They are not unheard of, but multi hunter does catch a lot more than we ever could (and more than you see), like I said, it took me days to go through all the information that multi hunter does in a fraction of that time, but that is why we have officers and myself here to be able to give it a second check over just in case. I liked the analogy above likening it to airport security, that's fairly accurate, whilst it may be an inconvenience to a few that is all it is, and whilst I apologise for that I do feel the need to remind people that this system catches a lot of genuine cheaters that we would otherwise have missed and I have no desire to change anything on there.

I'm going to leave this thread open currently but if it goes off on wild tangents and further insults then I will be removing it.

FYI - The "FreeZahid" movement had no bearing on this investigation, if anything it only hindered it. I spent a great deal of time with other very experienced officers who are very good at what they do to come to this decision. This final decision to release them has been made by myself, however I will be keeping an extremely close eye personally on any goings on and will be the first to admit I have made a mistake in releasing them and reversing it should I see the need.

Thank you.
-Trainee
ItsZahid [1900654]

You have been credited with a check worth $18,706,743,951 which will be held in the bank for up to 24 hours. The money that was recently stripped from your account by the system has been returned.

 

Thank you.

 

HUGE thanks to everyone who supported me too and believed me when many did not, i guess the truth prevailed on this one.

 

for everyone else who shitted on me for multis **** YOU AND SUCK MY DICK!!!

 

and trainee, wheres my compensation at?

 
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

Lol quite a way to go about asking. 

Been very nicely handled by Trainee I think, nice to see the kind of attention paid to cases like these. But in general you're probably right, will there be any form of compensation for the time/energy etc missed out on during this (ultimately wrongful) fedding?
ItsZahid [1900654]

i missed out on a good 5m stats and alotta money i had to make before my war in a few days. i will defo try get something from this lol. if not im happy they looked into this properly non the less.
Zed [390936]

Honestly, I am gutted, I was enjoying this thread, however, its good to see justice, well-handled trainee.

If they are absolutely sure you had no multis then I agree compensation should be rewarded, but others have been in the same situation and received nothing. Also with trainee saying they gave you the benefit of the doubt it doesn't sound convincing that you are 100% innocent.
Trainee [2181400] Wiki Contributor

Hello guys, as a reminder, and one I only expect to have to say once, if this thread turns into two opposing sides throwing insults at each other I will end it. I get that this is a hot topic and I want everyone to be able to continue a discussion here as long as it remains as a discussion. 

 

Thank you. :)
Mr-Anarchy [2156063]

Ik it's long work, but i dont think staff should always jumped to conclusions. At least confront the accused person before instantly putting them in fed. If they're 100% sure that the guy is breaking the rules, then sure, but sometimes you just can't always be.
Diabolique [2177124]

Thanks for being awesome!

And of course the #freeZahid movement wasn't responsible for your decision! *wink* You were just overwhelmed by the abundance of evidence *wink wink*
ItsZahid [1900654]

Someone attacked and hospitalized you [view]

Someone attacked and hospitalized you [view]

Someone attacked and hospitalized you [view]

 

well someone is salty about me getting out. Adrenalinas you there?
King [2138593]

Who has this much time to write a fkn English essay, bloody hell.. big up the ppl who actually read it. 
dunmugmeh [538353]

This is a heart warming thread!

A tale of gain and loss, a tale of intrepid derring do, a tale of woe, heroic squeaking and finally redemption!