Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Racing merit??

Started by Stallion [512463] on in Questions & Answers.

4 replies · 107 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
45 / 100
Stallion [512463]

So im about to have enough points to move up from E into D, i want to get the merit for 250 wins with the same car, am i better off just running my E car until i have the 250 wins or should i go for a higher class? id imagine that the higher i go the lower the odds of me winning are, or does the people you get matched against depend on your racing skill level??
Tyrion [1967379]

You could get that merit in E class if you race against friends (who will lose on purpose) with 1 lap custom races.

I wouldn't stress it though, you'll get that merit eventually in A-Class anyways, if you keep on racing regularly.

 

[image: i.postimg.cc]

 

Edit: Pic is sharp but stays blurry when uploading it to the forum here for some reason.
Kayla [2031661]

No, you couldn't do that. If you move up into class D, you're going to be in races with other people in class D. If you keep using your class E car in class D races you're not going to be winning many races.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

There are two merits for racing.  One for reaching A class, and one for winning 250 times in the same car.

I'm sure it's possible to get the 250 wins using the same car while still using your E class car, but most people get to A class first, and then get the 250 wins in their first A class car by setting up lots of 1 lap races in it.  Some people will join those in a slow car to give you the win, just helping out.  Others will join because they also need to win 250 races, and on those, you'll split roughly 50%.

If you try to get 250 wins in your E class car, before you get to A class, I think it's harder.  For one thing, not many others are trying to do that, so you don't get many people wanting to do 1 lap races in an E class car.  For another, the people that race a lot can't help you if you do it that way.  Even if I drive a E class car with no upgrades, I'm almost certainly going to beat you because I have much,much higher driver skill.  If you get to A class, and I want to lose, I can run a B or C class car with few upgrades against your fully upgraded A class car.  

There is a racing subforum you might want to check out.  And I have a racing FAQ posted there.

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=21&t=15963648&b=0&a=0

 

Mentions: TORN Racing FAQ - Baldr

weirdybeardy [2146631]

Unless you use the custom race method, it will take a bit. ;) 
  • Races won: 40
  • Races entered: 327
Especially if you use the kewlest, albeit not fastest car. 8)