Damn, a couple times per day? That’s a lot more than I’m experiencing tbh.
Gotta say btw, ty to all who have shared similar experiences. It’s always a pain in the ass when you’re the only person posting in your own bug thread, as that leads people to believe it’s an issue on your end. You guys don’t understand how relieving it is to know that we can’t all have ****ed up caches that we gotta clear or extensions we gotta disable :)
Im on count number 5 in the last 6 hours of the screen shake. I think it happens most when viewing items page and forums. It doesnt show up on a screen shot so had to borrow a phone to show the issue.
oh i know what this is: its your keyboard: that anonymous button (or some other faulty interface) is tricking the client, causing it to spaz up and down:
"i need to pull up the keyboard, i dont need to"
gluck to the devs xd, i feel like this is related only to the android phone, chrome browser?
After paying closer attention to when it occurs, i believe its linked to page parameters.
In a normal function, when we scroll down (swipe phone screen) the page will roll until it meets the designated bottom of the page.
However, during a screen jitter, it seems as of the website is "searching" for the bottom of the page. When it cant find the designation, it returns to the previous position. It then loops repeatedly from "searching" to previous page.
It seems it happens on short pages. Like a forum with just 2 entries on the page (that arent full novel entries) Think of the Looking For Work thread. Where you would need to scroll just a small bit to see the rest of the entries. Or a player profile with limited profile description, (like my own)
So far, Ive gotten it on above examples as well as: in race view screen, bits and bobs, personal stocks page, faction armory, city (the text, not city view) gym, while viewing a message.
I checked for current chrome browser, no updates. I. Going to use explorer for awhile and see if it happens there too. Has anybody had this issue with torn app?
my hypothesis is supported, cuz my keyboard on an iphone pulls up when i click the history button ("button, not text area") in the mail area. (pseudo report)
that might be a different bug... but to my eyes, that amount of movement looks looks like a keyboard being opened (and closed). especially since the provided video had a drop down memu open.
a short page theory make a certain sort of sense, i just haven't heard of such a feature that auto jumps... usually its more graceful... and if graceful i dont recall js constantly trying to move the page out of sight... that's just bad. ;)
iphone ios 12.1 safari: send a mail (it can to be yourself), open a mail (preferably with history), click the icon for history, ghost keyboard is now open. (i'll resubmit this report if this specific issue gets fixed, but not my version;) )
ironically i encountered your end screen glitch while editing this reply. at first it only effected chat boxes... then it effected my whole screen the more i scroll up. it stopped after awhile once it was happy lmao; this occurred when i was zoomed in
From the 2 video examples, I can see where that conclusion can be made. However, the jitter isn't only linked to text field laden pages. Such as the crime selection page, in race view and city. Yet as you have said, we may have uncovered a pair of bugs. Your on iOS, using chrome? Another common denominator perhaps.
Guess its time to bust out the old crackhead phone so to get more videos of the problem and pages. Test all the things!
Screen just got raped by this issue multiple times, when making parcels and wrapping them, taking screenshots and even trying to buy a book from the missions store.
If it helps, I was able to get this issue to pop up several times in my items.
I wrapped some parcels with Xmas wrapping paper, then clicked on the parcel tab in items (on pc, chrome, windows 10). It spazzed the shit out every single time. The last time it happened (less than 5 mins ago since I was wrapping them basically now) I tried clicking another tab. Think I clicked flowers or something.
Then I clicked back on parcels to see if it would happen again. Bear in mind, normally I gotta refresh the page to make it stop spazzing out. Ofc, it turned to shit again. Clicked on another tab, went back to normal. Then, I somehow miss-clicked and hit the booster icon, but for some reason that also started spazzing out too. From what I've noticed, at least for items on pc, if the items tab you select has a short list of items (upto 5 items maybe?) then it seems to have a high chance of spazzing out.
Not sure if this helps or if I'm just chatting out of my ass, enjoy :D
I have a moto g5 plus using chrome browser while on mobile view. Android version 8.1.0
I have cleared cache and data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled chrome. I have reinstalled the operating system also.
It seems to happen when I scroll upward to the top of the screen. The page will continue to bounce. If I scroll back down it will stop. And it only happens once per page. If I refresh the page it can happen again.
Happens mostly overseas and playing on the phone, but if memory serves it happened this morning in Torn whilst on the tablet. Might have been while depositing in the vault.
But it really doesn't cause me enough trouble to take note of what I was doing. Touch the screen, drag, it stops.