no controversy with anyone ... I have been playing for 11 years and the inflation that has been afflicting the game is absurd ... there is no logical relationship between the salaries of each company and the profits available...crew ? why ?
money enough
Started by Orione [837113] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 30 / 30 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 30
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 56 / 100
- Historical score
- 28 / 100
- Story score
- 57 / 100
- Engagement score
- 69 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- HavokGDI [133687] Moderator
· 21 likes ·
On a side note, I agree with you, it is stupid. Come work for me, I am starting a new wave in Torn city, I pay realistic amounts to bring realism to your game. 200 dollars a day, apply now! - HavokGDI [133687] Moderator
· 7 likes ·
You are going to have to pay me 2K a month for even remotely decent insurance. Torn is still in America after all. As far as the drug testing, I only test the people I am trying to fire without … - HavokGDI [133687] Moderator
· 2 likes ·
Supply and Demand
Tornexit
Supply and Demand
After 11 years, you must really be behind the curve...
The only thing that makes sense here is the fun & games forum.
How have you ended up with 8b NW without figuring this out?
On a side note, I agree with you, it is stupid. Come work for me, I am starting a new wave in Torn city, I pay realistic amounts to bring realism to your game. 200 dollars a day, apply now!
W/ free medical and random drug testing?
You are going to have to pay me 2K a month for even remotely decent insurance. Torn is still in America after all. As far as the drug testing, I only test the people I am trying to fire without having to pay workmans comp.
2k a month sound like a steal since my meds are 30k each. And I was thinking about doing tv work after I'm done at the sweet shop. Dunno if my work stats are up to standard though. Do you accept White Male Privilege Cards? :D
Im sorry but first aid kits are not covered by your insurance plan.
and an insurane to pay my two-spirit required 4 daily xanaes and the weekly 60m rehab bill? Then im sure ill be fine with 1k a day after that on top of living costs of 300k or there bout for muh roomba ervants, butlers etc on my private island in th form of a almost legal trashdump in the sea.
Business as usual: import trash from abroad for a fee and dump it in the sea. Luckily torn has no envionrono..crap.. speling is haard.. its mental.. laws. Or other laws either for that. Then pop a shack on top of that and call it a private island.
I even have a former oildrum as bath, flotsam santashooter cans for target practice and a vault. One of those dukes safes im sure. Oh and a plastic boat im calling a yacht. Only leaks a little.
Money needs to flow into the game somehow, issue is there aren't enough things taking money out of the system.
Could make points purchasable for 100k or something, I dunno, I'm not an economost, nor did anyone ask my opinion. My general point is, Ched knows what he's doing
Be truly real and lets have second jobs, some of us need to make ends meet
There, FedExit
If equipment needed maintenance / replacement from time to time, that would be a start.
Imagine if factions needed to pay fees to Duke for his permission to occupy territories.
What if specialty gyms had monthly fees?
Lots of ways to have money sinks in the game.
The issue is on the supply side of things. More and more people join every day, creating a larger demand for things like Xanax, plushies, flowers, meds, etc.
The game does a fine job of keeping the upward inflation at a minimum, but unless the supply meets or exceeds demand, prices will continue to inflate.
Unless of course, you get people like Zacjuv who artificially hold prices at a stable rate on items in high demand. But even that doesn't prevent the problem overall.
Theres only so many drugs, meds, boosters, plushies, flowers, etc being brought into torn via runners, or stock BBs, or job specials daily. And a lot of those items are bought, used, and removed from the game. So $ is transferred around, while items are being removed at a rate higher than they are being brought in.
There really isn't a good way to stop inflation in Torn that I can see
well a mcsmoogle restaurant has been suggested.. but evidently would just hyperpower the rich much like points to 100k. at least the mcsmoogle fastfood restarant would not take from the poorer. Not unlike SE:s btw.
Perhaps even making the smoogle just like a SE. just with smaller increments. And thus greater affordability ranges that would encourage spending.
Allow me to give perspective:
[image: www.jokejive.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: genehowington.files.wordpress.com]
...you could straighten things up by making different company profits using the current average salaries as a reference ... maybe in a temporary mode for a month ... then if the players come back on the upside, everything will stop ... it will not be a good idea but consider that at the beginning it was possible to strengthen life very quickly and then they took it away but the strengthened ones remained such and invincible in the conflicts
I am new citizen to Torn and I say Yay torn #1 american city I love hotdogs and freedom! Only bad thing is when Leslie put me in choke hold.