Fallout but missing the stuff that made fallout good. Also a billion bugs running poorly on a struggling outdated engine.
Terrible. Don't bother
-20C currently here with about half a foot of accumulated snow.
My internet has been so bad since yesterday torn is even a hassle. spiking up to over 200ms latency capping at about 2Mbps dl, 0.4Mpbsul.
$75 per month unlimited mind you at that rate whoopdedoo.
Were i live at it has never snowed (not since it is recorded at least). And at the higher spot of the island we get snow like a week in the year or so...
The internet, even though i pay for a 130Mb/s download 60Mb/s upload package, best i get is around 80Mb/s download and 20Mb/s upload unless its local traffic, there i get the full speed. There is a bottleneck in the single submarine cable that links us to the mainland (even though it is still at 35% usage, they only free up and additional limited amount per year).
They do have approved a 2nd cable explored by another company since they are going to link Fortaleza (Brasil) to Sagres (Portugal), they are going to patch us in on that link also, so it might get better then.
Anyways, price wise i pay 53 Euros for it (60.50$), but its internet, 140 channels cable TV, fixed phone and 2 mobile phones with unlimited calls and 4GB data plan.
And that is a lot of off topic right here. Not that Fallout has that much to talk about anyway, i'm already bored and don't plan to go back until they increase the stash size. Increasing the C.A.M.P. limit would be nice too, not much that you can build with what they let you... Can't even plan all my vegetables...
Obviously Pete Hines wrote that...
ha
I have always been a die hard Fallout fan, but until this game gets fixed, I'm not wasting the money....
This. I admire that Bethesda wanted to go in a different direction with this game, but it's so lackluster. Fallout is all about creating your own adventure and story, I feel that's fairly difficult in what's a predominantly BR type game.
lol i heard the game sucks so bad they had to lower the price.. twice.
i feel bad for the people who bought it as soon as it came out.
I did buy it when it came out, but it was at cdkeys so it was still cheaper than what it has been with discounts. None the less, considering the game time i got before getting bored of the game, it was still 30€ wasted.
I've been talking mad shit about this game since it was announced, and I was vindicated as all **** when it was released to universal uproar. The community feedback was what I expected and the criticisms were what I predicted. By all appearances, I was right.
But a friend had an extra copy so I bought it off her. Played for a few hours today and it wasn't that bad. It feels kind of aimless, it's kind of boring, and the world feels insanely empty... but gameplay was smooth and the gunplay feels polished as ****. I plan on teaming up with my friend in-game, but I didn't feel any desire to interact with the random players I came across earlier today. Actually ended up sneaking by them so they wouldn't ask me to join up with them.
All of the complaints about the game still stand: there are barely any RPG elements, the game world feels hollow and empty, I don't give two shits about any of the quests or "storylines", and nothing really seems to matter... but it's not as broken as it's made out to be and it can be fun. It's pretty much a Fallout-skinned survival game without any real Fallout or survival aspects. We'll call it "streamlined" (thanks Todd!).
I'll try it when I get it free in a Humble Monthly next year.
:)
It's not worth $60, it's not quite worth the $40 I paid for it, and it definitely wasn't worth renewing my PS+ subscription for a console I barely use... but it's still fun and it's worth about as much as the average Early Access survival game ($24.99 or $14.99 on sale). I put a few hours into it today and it was a little more engaging. The quests still feel like chasing ghosts, and they need to add human NPCs as soon as ****ing possible, but I didn't get bored as quickly.
It's 19€ already in CDKeys, started at 33€ at launch, but still even by CDKeys standards its quite a drop for a game that was just launched. They probably stacked up on keys and are trying to get rid of them before the game dies out completely.
Still think, blend as it is, if they sold it on steam they would have sold a lot more PC copies by now. But hey, not the only stupid decision Bathesda has had recently.
I might give it a go again in a few months to see if it has been improved, at the very least i expect the stash limit would have been increased by then so can spend a few hours collecting crap (not like there is that much more of interesting things to do... But not getting my hopes up. This is looking like a "take it behind the barn and shoot it" kind of game.
Time to wait for ES 6, hopefully as a single player game, were moders can make it worth its price.
atleast we got red dead redemption 2 guys XD
ESO is wayyyyyy better than 76 in every way. there are actual good stories in there. pvp battles are massive. and the world is alot more full of life.
ESO looked like it was trying too hard to be TES: Guild Wars.
Besides, seems like the two are going for completely different things. I usually hate MMORPGs, so Fallout 76 leaning more towards a cooperative shooter and base-building sim works for me.
I'm about to fire it up and spend my night finally setting up a C.A.M.P. -- or farming more XP off the Scorched. Either way.
Still need some goddamn human NPCs though
Or ghoul NPCs at least....
So is this game still trash? No major updates?
That's unlikely to change though. There is some broken stuff, and some stupid stuff also (like not having the ability to change your skill points ever leaving you with a broken character forever) but the main issue kind of is the game itself. It's just meh... insipid...
Not that it isn't fun for a while, but you just get bored quite fast. They have doubled the stash size already, so it isn't all bad, now you can actually keep some of the stuff you collect...