Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

chests not opening

Started by urbanmenace [1532291] on in Bugs & Issues.

17 replies · 133 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
15
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

urbanmenace [1532291]

Every time I try and open a bronze, silver or gold chest my screen goes blank and im kicked out of Christmas Town and the chest remains unopened.

I cannot supply any screenshots as everything just goes blank.
Grif [882958]

I suspect that happens when you hit open at the exact moment the chest disappears

I'll pass it to ched to see anywho

 
Stormcast [773244]

Still happening with chests. Doubt its that they are disappearing unless its happening to every coloured chest Ive opened as I open them. Kinda unlikely.  
TwoSnakes [1890780]

I had the same thing just happen to me. I had a gold key from last season. I finally find a gold chest, it says "Open Chest?" I click "Yes" - it then asks "Open Chest" again, I clicked "Yes /Open" and it dumped me out of Christmas Town and gave no reward for the opening the chest. I'll include a screen shot shortly.
Onomotopoeia [2108050]

happened to me as well i got kicked out of CT cant really confirm if i got anything or not because i was not sure what was in the chest and my inventory was a mess :(
DangerousJD [424296]

the green crime guy gets you when that happens If you go to the west side of the map by those cars the chest appears in 2 different locations only so many can get it before it disappears, however the green crime guy is right by the chest if you are not quick he nabs you even though you are over the top of the chest getting ready to click open.
Lewlewb [2198402]

Sane thing, I go to the chest press open and it refreshes on its own and doesn’t give me the chest, 

done this with both gold and bronze 
Amonette [1963323]

If the key is still there, someone else looted it at the same time as you and was quicker on the draw.  The system does not show every single avatar in your area in order to reduce lag.  This means if you see a chest, you need to get to it and loot it as fast as you can.  This is an issue we're looking into that has been reported a few times, so I am closing this one.  Thanks for reporting :)
Amonette [1963323]

Wait, you're kicked out of CT? As in, it crashes? You return to the home page?  Can you be more specific here please?  Thanks.
Seren [2041107]

Christmas town goes blank as soon as chest opens.  Personally I've had it happen when I've opened a chest and received the contents as well as when I've attempted to open it but been beaten to it.  
av64 [2079113]

Same here. I don't get a message saying I've been credited with anything, but a quick check of my items list shows I have another bottle of something and/or (beer) token. 
Amonette [1963323]

We are looking into chest issues in this thread:
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16074213&b=0&a=0&start=20

So I will close this one for now, and if you have new info on a chest bug please add it there. Thanks!