Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Church

Started by Slickstock [2210625] on in Questions & Answers.

12 replies · 419 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
15
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

Most-liked replies

Doc- [2084285]

There's a bunch of rumors about what it does, in terms of benefits. The only thing that is proven is a merit & honor bar
PamPamIu [2142253]

I wonder if anyone have tested that, praying to church will forgive your sin, which makes the arrest less profitable? Like:

Player A pray daily, player B doesnt.

Arrest player A give 10k, arrest player B give 20k?

Erm. Assume they have same crime done.
Kayla [2031661]

As the others have said, praying regularly for long enough will give you an honor bar and a merit.

As for other effects, despite a lot of testing and research over the years, no one has even been able to prove it does anything at all. If it does do something then the effects are so negligible as to be unnoticeable, which in my opinion is basically the same as doing nothing.

Same goes for donating, but with our new Community Manager, money donated to the church will be able to be used by the CM and distributed to those who may need it for one reason or another (i'm poor isn't a reason)
Wiber [2065939]

Praying is a matter of faith lol. Just like real life. I suspect it has some tiny effect on dice rolls in the game only because I cannot imagine it being included in the game for no purpose. Over time the effect might be noticeable but easily attributable to other things. I prefer using my last 5e to pray rather than search the dump (unless Duke is cleaning house).
drmaniac [1455265]

I was praying, and once I got the honour bar I stopped. since then I have noticed a serious decline in the number of city finds. some people say that praying increase your awareness by a certain amount (unproven). so then it may follow that awareness decreases when you stop praying. just something Ive noticed thought i'd share 

 
Coulrophobia [2200617]

Grab a rosary and enjoy +10% more from praying. I hear helps with PVC in casino and city finds but of course it could be just rumors as ppl above says. But there is a merit In it as said above. I'm unsure but it sure is awesome though seems like it works for me. I like praying with my rosary beads anyways after hard day of crime it's a nice feature. Sincerely Coul :)