Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

faction question

Started by Killspree1121 [2180772] on in Questions & Answers.

7 replies · 129 views · thread synced · 12 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
Rogue [1873490]

I bought a 6K respect faction a month or so ago just to avoid the first 1K you had to earn.. lol not much difference.

Most players looking for a faction want the specials you don't have yet - better gym gains, travel capacity or crime/nerve bonuses. So recruiting is painful and probably not very effective initially... I haven't even bothered yet. So this means you're relatively on your own initially.

What I have been doing is activities that I might do anyway were I not in a faction - i.e. ones that benefit me directly - that also gain respect. Clearing bounties gives some cash, and while not as much as a decent mug target, does generate more respect than a mug. There are also awards for certain numbers of bounty clears.

Once I unlocked the 10 chains, I started using a couple bounty clears for the initial chain hits and then finishing with a bunch of mugs (way easier to quickly find random inactives to mug for token cash vs find 10 bounties in the 5 minute period for a 10-chain).

Also keep remembering to initiate OC's. Blackmail barely does anything for respect, but it all adds up, and early in a faction's life that couple of respect a day sadly makes a difference.

Anyway, sorry there just isn't much out there - you have to hope to find a few other players willing to spend some E on attacks and be active for your OC's until you can get Chaining I, an armory or two, and at least one useful perk like travel capacity or gym gains open - in theory that's the point recruiting is less hard and you have a chance.

And of course, all the noob factions out there have to hope destructive warfare doesn't wipe us off the map as low-hanging fruit for larger factions - at least once that gets released.
Necromania [2184367]

Wow, I'm shocked. A person actually wrote a reply worth reading instead of just trolling. Next thing you know they might even release Crimes 2.0.