I have found that having the bussiness courses done has made a huge impact on running my company, So I would venture for you to start there. There are courses in MTH2280 and LAW2100 (both require you take the initial 1 week course before) that will help with your advertising.
Hiring players has been a challenge for me lately but you can start by daily looking at this thread for workers:
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=46&t=15907925&b=0&a=0also dont be afraid to post what you are looking for in trade chat (JUST DONT SPAM THE CHAT)
There are a couple people out there doing services for finding employees for you now in the company recruitment and discussion threads.
I think a good peice of advise I got was to look at the top 10-15 companies in your feild ( so AN for you) and see how those companies
have their employees stacked up.
Anther really good one will be using tornstats to check employee effectiveness in certain positions, to help you make sure that everyone is producing to the best of their abilities.
The last one is just be a good director. I know its a game, but I thought it was cool how the old FC I worked for the director would chat every now and then about if we were doing good in the ranks or what we needed to work on. Provide encentives if you can. but a good word goes a long way.
Edit: tried to fix all spelling. LOL