How did you uplift someone in your everday life today? Can he something small, could be as simple as having a friendly conversation with a stranger. Family member said her wifi wasn't working so i sat on tech support for an hour and a half for her at her place because it stresses her out to be on the phone.
Super simple question...
Started by LawOfOne [266775] on in General Non-related.
About this thread
Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 11
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 10
- Likes on archived posts
- 23
- Authority score
- 19 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 41 / 100
- Engagement score
- 53 / 100
How did you uplift someone in your everday life today? Can he something small, could be as simple as having a friendly conversation with a stranger. Family member said her wifi wasn't working so i sat on tech support for an hour and a half for her at her place because it stresses her out to be on the phone.
My Dog seems to do most of the cheering up for strangers, he makes friends everywhere..
People always ask to stroke him, children love to meet him, older people & disabled people. Im always happy to be asked questions about him & allow people time to meet him.
I'll help anyone if I can generally, but yeah my Dog does most of the work!
I got a round of drinks in at the bar on NYE, figure that'll hold me for the rest of the year
Want to handle my calls? An hour of the Nutcracker over a broken speaker and my phone gets embedded in the drywall :/
Support my children in any manner I can. I'm always there for them.
Something I never had.
Depression is commonplace around me. Even I can't escape from it. Things are hard right now. And they are getting worse. I feel like i often alternate between stern 'life is tough, hold fast' type of advice and well-meaning humor (mostly memes) with my loved ones. I like to keep faith in the little things. The small actions.
The only 'big thing' i do is that i often teach English to my neighbors for ridiculously low fees. Sometimes even a cup of coffee buys one hour and a half of practice or a new lesson for them. Many of them are attempting to get better jobs, or access to better education resources, so my lessons help them a big deal.
Every single day of my life is dedicated towards making someone else life better. Even if it's in the most minute way, I try to uplift any and every single person around me.
I pay for peoples fast food orders, sometimes other things, and ask that the cashier tell them the person ahead of them hopes they have a great day. I say hello to strangers, hold doors open for people, leave toys in those coin machines so kids get an extra one.
There's this saying" Christ goes walking in a stranger's guise" I am not a christian but I do believe that little random acts of kindness- giving without expectation of anything in return, can, and often does change someone's world. At least for a little while
I told my staff to come in half an hour late this morning, and when they came in, I had donuts and coffee waiting for them.
They're a great team and they deserve it!
I use the turn signal in my car. People love that shit.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha...
especially if you are waiting to make a turn, and that oncoming vehicle waits until they turn to flip the signal on.