Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bye, GD

Started by Sepulchrave [2092631] on in General Discussion.

90 replies · 1.26k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 91 / 91 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
91
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
79 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Sepulchrave [2092631]

I received a warning for flaming today, for some fairly inoccuous name-calling. While I don't have a problem with staff clamping down on shit-posting, I am pretty sure that the New Broom is effecting changes that will enforce a level of "civility" that I have no interest in upholding or being part of. Accordingly, this is my last GD thread for the foreseeable future. This is no great hardship - I have tired of the perpetual jerk-circle, and I imagine that it has tired of me. For those who remain, mind how you talk to the trolls, morons, retards and ****wits - apparently they deserve respect, too. So long GD - and thanks for the last 12 months of upvotes.

Here's a little poll to justify this thread:
Sepulchrave [2092631]

I have already fought this war several times, at school, university, and as a professional writer. I am NOT going to spend energy on it again. If GD is being revamped for millennial sensitivities I do not belong here. I respect the right of site owners to set rules, but when the rules invoke censorship I lose patience. I enjoy playing Torn and do not wish to find myself at odds with staff. It is better I restrict my participation to other, less emotionally-charged sections of the forums where attention-whores have little incentive to tread.
BeerDrinker [2140025]

Well... 

As with all stories, there are multiple sides... so if you don't tell us what you said, I hate to say it, but I can't be on your side for this...
KarmaCop [365532]

Wear it as a badge of honour you cry-baby

for ****s sake even the flamers are becoming snowflakes in 2019

God help us.
SporkMonkey [2065017]

The rules are not applied equally by the various moderators to everyone equally. There has even been warnings to a couple of people for rules that aren't even rules.

I am not a fan of SteamedPunk, as an example, but shim and GhetoSmoker have both gotten warnings for quoting each other in the forums when they have each other on ignore. A certain mod is claiming that they are violating the rules by ignoring the harassment rules. That is pretty ****ing stupid. Neither of them should get a warning for simply responding to each other in a public forum.

I got a warning for linking the Cyanide and Happiness video "Sad Ending" because it has a 2 second picture of Hitler, yet certain factions have the Swastica as their faction logo and it's allowed.

Favortism is rampant and vocal forum users are regularly bullied by certain mods.
Imdonewithtorn [1512781]

Dude ive been fedded 4 times chat ban multiple multiple times at one point didnt have it for 4 years straight and now Im currently serving a chat ban until 2038...Quit your damn crying