Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bye, GD

Started by Sepulchrave [2092631] on in General Discussion.

90 replies · 1.26k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 91 / 91 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Sepulchrave [2092631]

The warning, I'm sure, reflects the rules. Does that make it any the less arbitrary? Have the rules ever been enforced with consistency? When I started posting, 12 months ago, GD was a wonderful free-for-all with very little moderation. This morning I was treated to an entire thread filled with redaction after redaction - my own post included. I surmise that the adult era is over; quite possibly the new CM has ordered the babysitters to be more supervisory. (Maybe I'm wrong, perhaps one of the mods woke up this morning with a particularly painful hemorrhoid.) It doesn't matter. People live with censorship or they don't, and I don't. No hard feelings. I'm just taking my energy elsewhere.
Hoy [1208641] Officer Officer

That certain mod must be on a power trip.

It's not like things could ever change. Especially after something big, like a CM coming into the picture.
Or maybe he, hypothetically, grew tired of them constantly reporting each other. 
He couldn't possibly just be doing his job, that wouldn't fit the narrative you're painting here at all.


But this "..vocal forum users are regularly bullied by certain mods." is my favourite part. 
Think about that for a second.
..ready? 

No duh.
The ones that post the most, are more likely to break the rules. If someone is posting once a week, they likely aren't breaking any rules, or they just wouldn't post at all. Does that mean the vocal majority are being oppressed? Far from it. Just don't break the rules. 
Hoy [1208641] Officer Officer

ha. What? Where did I do that? Why would I ban you? 

I'm fighting a losing fight here against someone that's already made up their mind. Never mind, I'd rather you didn't answer those questions. I'll just stop now. File a report against me if you feel I'm doing my job improperly. 


Hoy [1208641] Officer Officer

As for you, if the post in reference is a basis of what you're going to continue posting, then I'm glad I got to you early.
In no world was that okay. 
Remilia [1284087]

If things are changed, they should be communicated with the community? Most of the people who are suddenly crying about getting in trouble have been for better or worse staples in the community for years doing exactly what they have done now. If a change in policy enforcement changes, instead of grinding an axe against these people and enforcing rules that haven't been enforced in over half a decade, they... no, all of us, should be given fair warning. "You should have followed the rules", sounds like a cop out. The moderation team should have enforced the rules the same way since they were enacted. If you change enforcement, it makes sense to clarify and communicate the rules.

Work with us, not against us.
Hoy [1208641] Officer Officer

I'm going to let you in on a secret. 
Neither of them were warned. I talked to them individually in chat about leaving each other alone. 

They both agreed. They both agreed, happily. 

The OP,different story, is playing the victim. I wouldn't have allowed it two years ago when the rules were first changed.

But, I agree with you. Whenever things are changed, I feel they should be announced. That's not up to me though, I only enforce what I am given. 
Sepulchrave [2092631]

No. I am not playing the victim. Torn has every right to enforce its rules - finally. I am simply saying that I do not wish to be part of your community of children - I will find other places to hang out. This is not a hardship, and there is no victimhood. If anything, you are the one under scrutiny. You will now be required to be consistent. Good luck with that.
Tempest [1867527] Wiki Contributor

I think best solution to inconsistency is to make every rule public, and equally enforce it. 

What has happened before has already happened. Don't waste any time on that.

Provocation should also be punishable.