Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

New Award

Started by VeteranDemon [457059] on in Suggestions.

14 replies · 130 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
37
Authority score
28 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

Most-liked replies

VeteranDemon [457059]

Can there be an award (ad released quite soon) for you being in a faction hit by a Dirty Bomb.

So it doesn't go mental with people claiming to have it awarded, have it achievable for DB 2.0 and not for DB 1.0

Some names could be Radio Active, Chernobyl or I'm Glowing Green!

Please @Ched or @Bogie implement this!!!
Riot [974353]

ofcourse it would be FTW posting this suggestion haha! 

I like the idea of it, could imagine some cool artwork for it, but is a negative thing really "award" worthy?
Scootaloo [1590427]

Escaping to live another day is pretty meritorious, if only in name.

I'm conflicted on this idea, I don't think a DB should have any upsides for the victim honestly. Should all be completely negative and a total pain to deal with. Every cloud has a silver lining except the mushroom shaped ones after all.
Riot [974353]

if its for surviving a DB then why not have an award for not being hosp'd by it when your faction does get hit, ie: be in another country when it goes off, that would feel more like an achievement. Divine intervention type thing
Lat [1187876]

Have one for using and being part of build process.

Kinda nice idea to have one for being hit, a rare merit.

 

Merits for being part of a reset, which for Torn is a big negative, bloodbag wrong use, runaways etc so why not for a DB strike.

 

 
BraveKath [1815519]

As Lat said, it's a rare event.  I've been hit by radiation from bomb building, from a bomb detonating on another faction and by being trampled in the crowd, and those are even unique experiences; however, I don't think they are meritorious of an award like a direct hit is on a faction.  I think it would be cool if wasn't a Honor Bar, but instead an Award as it's truly a badge of note that ticked forward for additional hits -- granted a dubious Award. But a fun honor bar would be cool..



Claire [1971751]

Ched has already said in the past that he does not like to implement merits for negative things. I think surviving a DB would be more worthy of a merit.