Sorry if this is a repost. I searched and didn't see anything. What are your thoughts on this?
I wonder if it would be better to just simply steal chocolate over jackets. Bix boxes sell for $2900 and jackets $400. I rarely fail either. Is jacket xp that much better?
Jackets are much better cause it's a safe crime... profits from crimes are minuscule compared to the damage done by getting jailed. Get on the right path and stick to it, you will be glad you did.
The very first weeks I concentrated on chocolate since the big box of chocolate was quite frequently and I got red message very rarely.. the ~3k per box was pretty good too for the moment. Since I can travel, the 3k are not that important anymore and I concentrate more on increasing my nerve bar.
Why do we increase the nerve bar except for merits? Does this has any positive effects? Also why people buy jackets?
manic[1554958] · #7 · edited
You are correct - We increase NB to increase our 'hidden' crime experience which in turn enables us to do better/harder crimes for (as you said) more mertis.
However, with an higher NB we're also able to participate in faction organised crimes - with those with the highest NB involved with the best OCs (Political Assassinations or 'PA') which not only mean handsome CE gains but also large payouts (tens of millions).
As for jacket buyers... They are collectors I imagine.
It's always jackets. The chocolates sell for more, yes, but crimes really aren't about the money. They're about merits. It might seem like good money while you're new, but in reality a box of chocolate is pennies. Jackets are the safer crime, you will never go to jail stealing them, but chocolates aren't a safe crime, and even though it's rare, you will occasionally be jailed.
A jailing reduces your crime experience (which you need to have any success chance for higher level crimes) by a percentage rather than a fixed amount. It means every jailing sets you back. Early on that percentage removal doesn't matter much, but later on one jailing can be a devestating removal of weeks of work.
Jacket xp is much better because there is 0 jail (once you have enough natural nerve). Experience loss is proportional to the amount of experience you have so when you're young, the occasional jail isn't a deal breaker but it gets worse as you progress. If you want to make money doing crimes,