Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Upgrade help

Started by Cartman [1621675] on in Graveyard.

15 replies · 199 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
5
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

Most-liked replies

Cartman [1621675]

When I joined class A many years ago I was advise that the ferrari was the best car to go into the class with. 

I'm looking to hit 250 races won without boosting.

Can someone please advise optimal upgrades for me to do so with this car?

[image: i.gyazo.com]
Smokey123 [248901] Helper

You are missing 3 upgrades.

You should have 53 total upgrades on your car (at class A),

You need to look through and see which are missing, or add the racing helper script which tells you what else you need to buy.

*message me and I’ll send you the script link if you can’t find it)

As for winning 250 races (redline merit), it will certainly take some time to do. You can do custom races which also add to the wins counter but I would also suggest you join official races in between.

You can simply start a new race on speedway for 1 lap, 1 minute start and 2 cars req. If you can get a friend to join the races it will go much quicker. 

You can pay for the custom wins. I did a couple of races with the title ‘250k if you LOSE the race’. I’d pay the loser 250k if they lost the race, giving me a win.

I think I overpaid though, as I was told near the end that you could just offer 100k and people would still join to help you out. Or some even did it for free. Nice people!.
Kiber [1906187]

I would disagree somewhat with the above.  To get to 53 upgrades means your including all of the safety upgrades.  In my opinion, those are not necessary.  They don't seem to impact the number of crashes.  As best people can tell (although nobody knows for sure) - all the safety upgrades do is reduce your time in hospital after a crash.  Given that crashes are so rare - most people don't think safety upgrades are worth the points.

I've added the safety upgrades on one of my cars and noticed no difference.  For all the others, I've gone with 46 upgrades - that should be all you need.
Smokey123 [248901] Helper

Sorry I disagree. You should aim to have all available upgrades including safety on your car.

As you said, nobody knows for sure, so why would you take the chance?
Cartman [1621675]

I’m really not bothered about the safety discussion, haha. 

More interested in what upgrades are best to win the most races in class A with this car! 
Smokey123 [248901] Helper

How many times have you crashed tho? I bet it’s more often than me. I’m only driver skill 9.6 and have crashed twice.

One of those is when I didn’t have all safety upgrades added to my car. None of those in class A.

As for the topic of this thread. For the Ferrari you should probably put road-upgrades on it so that it’s better in the road. Balder has a guide of exactly which upgrades are best for what, you can find his guide in the guides forum. 
archimede [1565089]

Since 2014/12/22 I crashed 69 times: I know because I saved the events, I might have missed one or two but you get the idea. I don't know how many races I entered, but a quick sum from my cars page yields more than 16.500.

Is that often for you? Is it worth the additional safety points? No, IMHO, but if you think it is by all means, go ahead: in the long run it won't make a real difference, but when you're starting and have not many points...